Operations Management Degree Apprenticeship at SiemensTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Siemens
Operations Management Degree Apprenticeship
Believe there's more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure comprises intelligent energy supply and building technology, with Siemens’ deep domain expertise in these two environments and digitalization as the foundation. In addition, Smart Infrastructure will focus on the point of connection between the grid and buildings, where a whole new world of solutions is growing – a new market from energy storage and electric vehicle infrastructure to microgrids and digital solutions
Together they can strengthen all the products that are needed and used in building systems, low-voltage and medium-voltage systems for buildings, infrastructure and industry
We are recruiting candidates to join our degree apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in management.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4-year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Chartered Manager standard.
Here is how the programme works:
You will be on a 2 day a week release to university throughout your apprenticeship. In the remainder of your working week, you will be based in our Nottingham office. You'll have the chance to experience all aspects of the Operations within the business, spending a period of time within each department. You will be given projects associated with your learning requirements which you will take ownership for delivering. We will also ensure that you will get some people management experience as well as learning and having exposure to all aspects of Operational Management.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Responsible for delivery of Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Develop and strengthen relationships with internal colleagues, key stakeholders and external parties
- Ensure that resources and operations are deployed effectively, economically and in accordance with all appropriate regulations and specifications to allow the company to minimise risk and maximise profit
- To take ownership for the transition all new service lines and technology into this area
- Facilitate and drive process improvement through gap analysis, process mapping and lean activity and to then define and implement the improvements across the area of responsibility
- Improve key customer engagement at an operational level by attending meeting both on and off site with customer
- Define quality benchmarking process for the areas of responsibility and ensure that standards are exceeded and records are maintained.
- Lead a defined process area towards optimal efficiency and productivity levels through maximisation of process synergies and process improvement
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved at least 5 GCSE's grade 5 or above including maths and english language and 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade B or above.
The benefits of a degree apprenticeship
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £16,500 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company.
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of management. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Our Apprentices get to work at the forefront of the Tech, Digital, Engineering, Energy and Building sectors. On a Siemens programme, you also have the advantage of getting to work on different projects and products. We want you to start with a strong foundation by learning a diverse selection of skills in preparation for a long-term career. Many different career paths can open up once your apprenticeship is completed and it’s time to progress into a permanent role.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.