Manufacturing Level 2 Apprentice
Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are a fantastic choice for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a technical and occupational qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
The Intelligent Traffic Systems part of Siemens Mobility Limited designs, markets, manufactures, installs and maintains a wide portfolio of international traffic management products and is the UK market leader in the traffic signal business. This includes intersection and pedestrian traffic controllers, intelligent urban traffic control systems, variable message signs, public transport and car park guidance systems to enhance road safety and improve traffic flow in congested urban and inter-urban areas.
We are recruiting candidates to join our Factory apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in Manufacturing and Engineering.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 2 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto a standard designed to improve operational performance (or similar, subject to local college provision).
Here is how the programme works:
Year 1 and 2: You will be based at our state-of-the-art Factory in Poole. Experienced mentors within each area will provide you with support and guidance as well as enabling you to experience the key skills within that area during the placement. You will undertake practical training skills and in a related discipline, work toward a level 2 qualification, which may be conducted locally offsite. After the two year training programme, you will move into a more senior role within the team.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- This job will suit a school or college leaver looking for their first opportunity within a large organization where they can learn new skills whilst studying.
- You must have a desire to learn and a passion to develop your skills/career within Siemens.
- You will need to be able to communicate with managers and colleagues at various levels. This will require having clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- You must be professional and able to work within a friendly and close-knit team.
- Due to the nature of the scheme, it is vital that you are flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- You will work closely with colleagues, managers and tutors and should be able to manage these relationships well and have good interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving skills will be taught during the programme but it is up to you to put these into practice and develop the basics that are learnt.
- You should be aware of health & safety, environmental and quality issues.
- Trainees must be very practical with a can-do positive attitude who can apply themselves to each task.
- Previous qualifications should ideally include something practical.
- You should also ideally have GCSE' English and Maths (or equivalent) at any grade but this is not essential.
- You should be a competent IT user and be comfortable with the main Microsoft Office packages.
The benefits of a Manufacturing Operations apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary with annual increments at the same time and an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey.
- As an apprentice, you will receive first-rate training and tuition from Siemens and our partner colleges.
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company.
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medial care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Connected Mobility. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our Apprentices get to work at the forefront of the Tech, Digital, Engineering, Energy and Building sectors. On a Siemens programme, you also have the advantage of getting to work on different projects and products. We want you to start with a strong foundation by learning a diverse selection of skills in preparation for a long-term career. Many different career paths can open up once your apprenticeship is completed and it’s time to progress into a permanent role.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Siemens
Ashleigh Sumner, is an engineering apprentice with the Siemens. Based at their...