Quality Control Advanced Apprenticeship
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Discover what you are capable of and join the Apprenticeship Programme at our Diagnostic Imaging business in Sudbury.
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills through on the job and formal training at college. Over time, you’ll take on more responsibility and accountability as your skills, knowledge and expertise increases.
This is a fantastic challenge for any student to enter the world of Siemens medical devices and be part of the Quality Control team and contribute driving continuous improvement within the department.
The candidate will complete a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship, recognised by the relevant professional bodies at Registered Science Technician (RSciTech) level.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Learn and understand how to effectively contribute and work with cross functional teams
- Understand regulatory requirements and comply with site EHS Policy
- Learn and develop a brief understanding of key departments within Siemens and develop a broad range of essential skills and knowledge.
- Technical skills including:
- Microbiology Techniques
- General maintenance and calibration of equipment within the laboratory. Example pipette calibration checks.
- Dissolved gas analysis (DGA)
- Wet chemistry techniques including pH, Conductivity, Chloride, Sulphates
- Analytical Chemistry techniques including High performance liquid chromotography (HPLC)
- To learn, understand and review correct document control process
- Produce, analyse and intepret data and applying statistical techniques.
Your qualification and experience:
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Able and interest to develop skills in a quality controls discipline
- Demonstrate problem solving techniques & logical thinking
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A customer focused mind-set and approach
- Enjoys collaborating and can work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Be a confident communicator across all levels as well as take initiative for tasks
- Work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Quality aware
You must have:
- Achieved at least 4 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C or above (4 or higher)
- Educated to A Level standard C grade and above or NVQ/BTEC or HND in Chemistry or other science-related subject (desired)
- Be competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What else do I need to know?
You’ll need to be available to begin this apprenticeship in September 2020.
If you’re curious to find out more, we’d like to invite you to an open afternoon at our Sudbury site on Thursday 13th February 2020 at 4-6pm. It’s an opportunity to discuss the Apprenticeship Programme, meet members of the team, and ask any questions about the application process. To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Sudbury Apprenticeships. Both students and parents are welcome to attend.
Our Apprentices get to work at the forefront of the Tech, Digital, Engineering, Energy and Building sectors. On a Siemens programme, you also have the advantage of getting to work on different projects and products. We want you to start with a strong foundation by learning a diverse selection of skills in preparation for a long-term career. Many different career paths can open up once your apprenticeship is completed and it’s time to progress into a permanent role.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Awards for Siemens
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Siemens
Ashleigh Sumner, is an engineering apprentice with the Siemens. Based at their...