Bid Team Advanced Apprenticeship at Mace GroupTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Bid Team Advanced Apprenticeship
The bid team apprentice assists in delivering smart, consistent, customer-focused, error-free documents and presentations. They assist the bid coordinator or bid manager in day to day activities to ensure the delivery of the bid to the bid process, governance and to a high standard of quality.
Subject to satisfactory performance and conduct in this role, the recruit will be supported in undertaking a formal Bid and Proposal Co-Ordinator Level 3 Apprenticeship, with the support of an external training provider selected by Mace.
Assist in the management of the process
- Project / bid management – assist in updating the bid plan
- Project planning – assist in the running of the bid programme and monitoring / reporting on progress
- Internal progress meetings – attend and assist in bid kick off / assist in booking regular progress meetings / issue the agenda and notes / supporting the meetings
- External meetings – support the bid team through mid-bid / site / progress meetings
- Exposed to answer writing – what good and bad looks like, proof reading, formatting
Create the bid
- Assist and learn to create efficient and easy to use templates
- Support bid submissions with relevant photography and supporting graphical / infographic tools
Submit the bid
- Assist the bid coordinator or manager in manging the client’s procurement portal website or in submitting hard copies sot the client
- Assist in producing presentation slides
- Assist in organising rehearsals / practice sessions
- Capture all new content within Bid Content Library (Aftercare)
- Attend and assist in recording and sharing lessons learnt / best practice
- Assistance to the bid team in ad-hoc tasks such as continuous improvement in processes, CVs etc.
- A reasonable level of written English
- Personal organisational skills
- Understanding of Microsoft software (outlook, word, PowerPoint etc.)
- An understanding of construction or infrastructure sector
- Adobe suite of software, InDesign etc.
- Qualifications in English and Maths equivalent to Grade C or 4 at GCSE.
- Level 3 Qualifications (e.g. A Levels or BTEC Level 3), equivalent to 96 UCAS points (if achieved from 2017 onwards) or 240 UCAS points if achieved before 2017
Competencies / Behaviours:
- Proactive, positive and organised
- Some confidence communicating
- Attention to detail – completing tasks correctly rather than as quickly as possible
- Able to listen and take advice
- Presentable to colleagues
- A genuine keenness to learn and be curious
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Mace is a £1.97bn company, with over 6,000 employees, operating from five global hubs and inspiring each other and our clients to innovate. Our vision is to be the industry leader in helping to shape cities and build sustainable communities. We strive to find better ways to deliver for our clients, communities and the construction industry. We constantly challenge the status quo, make the seemingly impossible possible, and will always do so.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.