Junior Investment Research Relationship Trainee 12 months
Join our team
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. Our passion for continually searching for ways to improve that experience is second to none and we’re looking for people to join us who thrive on that challenge.
Invesco is proud to be a part of the Investment 2020 initiative, and we are delighted to be able to offer a number of trainees a 12 month placement with us to support our Investment team!
Working in an Investment Management firm is not all about managing funds. We have hardworking teams behind the scenes who are integral to the firm's success.
These are traineeships, so we are specifically looking for ambitious school leavers or graduates who are interested in a career in Investment. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to play an active role and develop key skills which will stand you in good stead for securing a permanent position, either at Invesco or elsewhere in the asset management industry and beyond!
We foster a respectful, collegiate, and collaborative atmosphere, and diversity of thought is a core strength of our organization. Ensuring our teams have a broad range of experiences and backgrounds helps us promote the diversity needed to deliver an outstanding investment experience for clients and maintain a positive, engaging work environment for our people. Invesco EMEA is also proud to have signed up to the UK Government’s Women in Finance Charter.
This year’s intake will commence with us at the end of September 2020.
- Execution of the day to day activities to support the EMEA investment teams procure investment research, including ad hoc issue resolution, record keeping & reporting.
- Support and execution of the activities required in the arrangement of corporate access for the investment teams in EMEA
- Support the ongoing relationships with research providers and third party vendors
- Support the ongoing updates of EMEA Investment Department procedures manuals and policies
- Support basic tasks in relevant business and/or technology projects, including appropriate user testing
- General administrative support to Investment Management Office and the Investment Department, including monitoring oversight of key first line controls, breach resolution, response to internal/external audits
Have the autonomy to make an impact
To be successful in this role you will:
- Possess good interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Be IT literate (including the Microsoft suite of products) and numerate
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Be self-motivated with a confident approach to building business relationships
- Be able to proactively take responsibility
- Be highly organised and able to prioritise effectively
The Good Stuff
We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Company-provided healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- Generous pension provisions
- Income protection
- Health and wellness benefits
- Volunteering days
- Life insurance
Our Commitment to the Community, the Environment and Responsible Investing
We partner with charitable organisations globally to make an impact in the communities where we live and work. Our people are encouraged to support the charities they feel most passionate about and are offered two days’ volunteering leave annually.
We are committed to adopting and implementing responsible investment principles and practices that uphold our fiduciary responsibility to our clients, as well as being good stewards of the environment.
Invesco is committed to environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. We serve our clients in this space as a trusted partner both on specific responsible investment product strategies as well as part of our commitment to deliver a superior investment experience.
At Invesco, we’re driven by a passion to exceed. Our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting our colleagues both personally and professionally. If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, we invite you to explore your potential with us.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!