Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship at DSTL
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with DSTL
Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship
We have exciting opportunities to join Dstl as an Associate Project Manager Apprentice.
As an Associate Project Manager apprentice at Dstl you will have the opportunity to work with our Project Managers in delivering science and technology and corporate projects which support Defence stakeholders. You will be exposed to the major Project Management processes and provide a key role in supporting successful execution of these.
We are looking for someone who has:
- An interest in pursuing a career in project management
- An interest in science and technology
- Is passionate about supporting the Ministry of Defence and protecting our country.
- Is able to work with Microsoft Excel and can learn Microsoft Project.
- Is able to work with minimal guidance.
- Has good attention to detail.
- Is able to work on a variety of tasks.
In this role you will:
- Maintain the project documentation and information to provide control and ensure availability of records in accordance with the Dstl’s Management System
- Act as the first point of contact, responding to internal requests relating to the project documentation, providing and/or coordinating information for corporate requirements.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the project to be able to present briefs in the absence of the Project Manager.
- Maintain awareness of corporate project management procedures, identifying necessary changes required in the control of projects where appropriate.
- Coordinate the planning and scheduling of project management requirements and reviews, liaising with all relevant project team members and customers.
- Monitor and update financial data, raising issues for review, and proposing options/mitigation, to enable accurate forecasting and financial control through accurate reporting.
- Support the planning, preparing and reviewing of project documentation, collating issues arising for resolution and collecting lessons learned.
There are opportunities to work across 3 of our main divisions - Defence Security and Analysis , Platform Systems and our Operations Divisions.
You will be enrolled onto a higher level apprenticeship programme, where you will embed your learning into your day job as an associate project manager. Classroom based learning will take place with our external training provider over a period of up to 2 years.
You will work with an experience team alongside some of the worlds experts in their field. You will gain experience and knowledge of the unique work that Dstl is at the forefront of.
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C or higher including English and Maths (or equivalent), and hold a minimum of 120 UCAS points or equivalent / A Level or Level 3 qualification in a similar subject.
- Either before or during the apprenticeship, apprentices will be required to achieve Level 2 qualifications in English and Maths prior to taking end point assessment (EPA).
- Understanding of Project Management.
- Awareness of budgeting and resource allocation.
- Commercial awareness.
- Able to work with Excel and to learn Microsoft Project.
- Understanding of the Defence and Security context of the UK.
- Understanding of Dstl.
- Awareness of the capability and S&T disciplines required to deliver the requirements.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Developing Self and Others
- Technical skills
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Give an example of a project or task you have worked on which has involved using skills that relate to this apprenticeship.
- Tell us about a time you have taken responsibility for a project or team and what you had to do to reach the desired outcome
Dstl is responsible for designing, developing and applying the very latest in science and technology for the benefit of UK defence and security, across government. In our work, we partner with other brilliant people – collaborating with everyone from small companies and world-class universities, to large defence organisations and other nations. Together, we develop battle-winning technologies, based on deep and widespread research.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.