Operational Risk Trainee - 12 months at Invesco
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Invesco
Operational Risk Trainee - 12 months
Join our team
Invesco is proud to be a part of the Investment 2020 initiative, and we are delighted to be able to offer a number of trainees a 12 month placement with us in Operational Risk!
Working in an Investment Management firm is not all about managing funds. We have hardworking teams behind the scenes who are integral to the firm's success.
These are traineeships, so we are specifically looking for ambitious school leavers or graduates who are interested in a career in Operational Risk. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to play an active role and develop key skills which will stand you in good stead for securing a permanent position, either at Invesco or elsewhere in the asset management industry and beyond!
We foster a respectful, collegiate, and collaborative atmosphere, and diversity of thought is a core strength of our organization. Ensuring our teams have a broad range of experiences and backgrounds helps us promote the diversity needed to deliver an outstanding investment experience for clients and maintain a positive, engaging work environment for our people. Invesco EMEA is also proud to have signed up to the UK Government’s Women in Finance Charter.
This year’s intake will commence with us at the end of September 2020.
- Assisting the business and team with daily queries
- Ad hoc Minute /note taking from meetings in person and by telephone
- Liaison/scheduling/follow up with business functions on any outstanding actions.
- Assist with the production of reports and data as required.
- Assist with the collating and formatting of presentations
- Ensure all activities are in line with the firm’s approach to Conduct Risk
- Undertake general administration duties including arranging meetings on behalf of the team and booking meeting rooms.
- Updating procedure/ user guides and ensuring that documentation or reports are approved or reviewed by the appropriate owner on a timely basis
Have the autonomy to make an impact
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have an ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Be highly organised with good attention to detail
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Effectively operate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Be self-motivated, flexible and able to work independently
- Possess good communication skills and effective time management skills
- Have good PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Be educated to at least A level or equivalent, with a good standard of English and Maths
The Good Stuff
We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Company-provided healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- Generous pension provisions
- Income protection
- Health and wellness benefits
- Volunteering days
- Life insurance
Our Commitment to the Community, the Environment and Responsible Investing
We partner with charitable organisations globally to make an impact in the communities where we live and work. Our people are encouraged to support the charities they feel most passionate about and are offered two days’ volunteering leave annually.
We are committed to adopting and implementing responsible investment principles and practices that uphold our fiduciary responsibility to our clients, as well as being good stewards of the environment.
Invesco is committed to environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. We serve our clients in this space as a trusted partner both on specific responsible investment product strategies as well as part of our commitment to deliver a superior investment experience.
At Invesco, we’re driven by a passion to exceed. Our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting our colleagues both personally and professionally. If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, we invite you to explore your potential with us.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.