Legal Services Level 3 Apprentice - Bristol at Co-opTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Co-op
Legal Services Level 3 Apprentice
- £18,500 plus benefits (Grade H)
- This role can be based from our offices in Bristol or Stratford upon Avon
Please note that if you have previously achieved a law qualification at Level 3 or above, including a degree in Law/LPC/GDL, you will not be eligible to apply for this role.
We’re looking for enthusiastic people with an ambition of building a legal career to join us on our Level 3 apprenticeship. At Co-op Legal Services (CLS), we’re different from other law firms. We’re passionate about our customers, members and colleagues, and doing the right thing is our priority. This is a chance for the right candidates to progress their learning towards a recognised apprenticeship in law, while gaining valuable exposure and industry experience with a business that puts people first.
As a legal services apprentice, you’ll develop your knowledge and skills base over a 2-year period covering areas around legal practice, client care, and technical modules such as probate. You’ll join the business as a legal assistant with a permanent contract, making a contribution right from the word go, and earning a great salary while you learn. With expert support and guidance from experienced colleagues and mentors, you’ll aim to move into a case manager role after 6 months, applying the knowledge you’ve learnt to larger scale and more complex cases over time. It’s hard work, and although we’ll provide you with some time to learn at work, it’ll require serious commitment to successfully balance your work and your studies.
This role offers a unique opportunity for you to build your legal career, learn new skills, and make a real difference to our customers when they need it most. And it doesn’t stop there. If you have a passion for self-development, you’ll find plenty of opportunity to grow your career internally and build your profile as an experienced legal professional.
What you’ll do:
- gain an in-depth understanding of the business, as well as building on your legal knowledge
- attend regular seminars and learning sessions both online and face-to-face while you work towards your apprenticeship, completing assessments throughout your learning journey
- manage your own diary, and complete independent learning assignments on time and to an excellent standard
- start off as a legal assistant, developing a solid understanding of legal services and working alongside case managers, supporting a wide range of cases across probate
- handle cases end-to-end under the supervision of your colleagues; you’ll aim to transition into a case handler role once your apprenticeship is complete
- attend a variety of client meetings and conferences, gaining excellent exposure to the business
- complete related admin tasks such as updating the case management system with client notes
- build positive relationships with internal colleagues, your line manager and personal coaches / mentors from our learning provider, Damar
This role will suit you if you have:
- lots of drive and enthusiasm, with an ambition of building your legal career
- natural problem-solving skills with the ability to make sensible decisions
- good communication skills, both written and verbal
- strong customer service skills, with the ability show empathy and put yourself in the customers shoes
- a passion for continually developing your knowledge and skills
- organisational skills, and the ability to effectively manage your own diary
- achieved or are predicted 2 A-levels in any subject at grade A* - C (or equivalent)
- achieved GCSE Maths & English or equivalent at grade A* - C (or Grade 4 or above) - these last 2 points are essential
We can offer you the opportunity to obtain a qualification and build a career in property and project management without getting in to debt. You’ll have the opportunity to learn while you work in a supportive environment, and the guarantee of a permanent role once you’ve completed your studies. As a Co-op colleague you’ll also get:
- a competitive salary
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- an annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone – but having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
About the Co-Op
It takes all kinds of people to make a business work. So, at Co-op our nationwide apprenticeships are open to everyone with the right levels of skill, enthusiasm and understanding. If you have a genuine passion for customer service, a willingness to learn and a strong sense of community, you could really go places at the Co-op. We believe in working together, so take a look at all we can offer you and come share in our success.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!