Business Services & Outsourcing Apprenticeship - Manchester at BDOTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with BDO
Business Services & Outsourcing Apprenticeship
BDODrive is part of the Business Services and Outsourcing stream. BDODrive delivers a range of services to help ambitious and entrepreneurial businesses and their owners make do business easy and achieve their goals. It brings together compliance, outsourcing and advisory services such as accounts and financial reporting, business outsourcing, business advisory, payroll and company secretarial as well connecting our clients to the depth of expertise available at BDO.
To allow companies to focus on their business we can provide anything from specialist technical support, to stopgap cover at particular times, to a fully outsourced finance function. Our people thrive on varied challenges and are always looking for new ways to improve our services and help their clients.
As a trainee business adviser you will be focussed on making doing busy easy for your clients by assisting them with the day to day of doing business in the UK. This will range from assisting in the preparation of year-end financial statements to assisting with the bookkeeping and preparation of management accounts using cloud accounting technology. You will be working with a range of clients including smaller start-up businesses through to larger organisations that are subject to audit. As you progress through your studies you will get a greater understanding of the businesses you work with and the complexities of doing business in the UK so you can assist your clients whether it be for technical queries or being able to connect them to another team to help them achieve their wider goals.
BDO offer the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification on the Level 4 apprenticeship programme. The AAT qualification offers practical, real-world experience to meet the demands of finance roles across all industries, at all levels and provides you with all the skills you need. The duration of this programme is around 24 months. Following the successful completion of the AAT, you will be given the opportunity to study towards the ACCA (Association of Certified Chartered Accountants) qualification, becoming a fully qualified chartered certified accountant within 4-5 years.
Business Area Overview
Depending on the focus of your local team responsibilities should include:
- Maintain records for our clients using various accounting software packages including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage 50
- Use cloud accounting tools to process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes
- Prepare both management and statutory accounts for clients under the supervision of more senior members of the team
- Undertake financial close procedures eg reconciliation of inter-company balances, preparation of journals and schedules
- roduce statutory accounts under both UK GAAP and IFRS for review by managers including working on consolidations and cash flows
- Applies understanding of the client to ensure the transactions are recorded appropriately, and make commercial sense, and highlight unusual transactions to senior members of the team for consideration.
- Develop a basic knowledge of the rules and regulations of doing business in the UK included reporting requirements, tax requirements (employment, corporate and VAT), filing requirements from a company secretarial perspective and general commercial awareness
- Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients receive excellent service
- Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- Grade 9-4 in English Language & Maths GCSE
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths that are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making, Reasoned judgement, and Analytical skills.
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 5000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £590m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $9bn.
BDO gives trainees all the training they need to attain their professional qualifications, along with extensive practical experience that includes on-site client work. The firm provides constant support to help you achieve your potential.
'Achieving My Potential’ is BDO’s organisational framework. It is made up of 4 key elements – core competencies, technical competencies, values and attitude. In essence, what you do and how you do it.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.