Tax Apprenticeship - Specialist
We provide bespoke advice in all areas of taxation, helping clients to navigate the complexities of tax codes, often in multiple jurisdictions and ensuring they are fulfilling obligations and paying the correct amount of tax. In these ways we help clients to manage an area of significant financial and reputational risk and to make informed decisions about their tax position whether an individual, a business owner or a corporate organisation. We also help clients resolve any disputes with the tax authorities as swiftly as possible. We cover every aspect of taxation for clients, whether on employment, corporate profits or gains, movements of individuals or businesses from one country to another, international transactions or on personal income, gains or wealth.
The Specialist Taxes Team provides advice and support to our clients in specific niche areas of tax. The main areas you will have an opportunity to work within are as follows:
- Share incentive plans – designing, implementing and reporting on a variety of incentive arrangements
- Expatriate tax – helping organisations plan international assignments and to manage their cross border workers
- Employment tax – helping organisations grow, mitigate and manage their risks more effectively. They do this by helping enhance employee reward, reducing employer costs and putting more robust governance controls on key tax risk areas in place
- Visas & work permits – advising businesses and individuals on UK and global immigration requirements
- Tax Investigations – matters ranging from individual tax disputes, to large, complex and high profile cases. They help individuals, companies and trusts selected for investigations.
As a trainee in Specialist Taxes, your time will be split between working on client projects, business development and studying for your professional exams.
We will operate a rotation based training regime that will allow you to spend between 9 and 12 months working in different specialist areas before rotating on to the next one. In this way you will gain a broad understanding of the specialist services we can offer to our clients, the value of this advice to them and their businesses and the way that the different streams of work interact with each other and with the wider tax practice.
By the end of your final year you will have a deep understanding of 3 or 4 specialist areas of tax that will help you in deciding which area you would like to focus on in the next stage of your career.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Teamwork; the ability to function and contribute effectively as part of a high achieving team
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff.
Qualifications and Training
We will fund for you to study towards the AAT qualification. After successful completion of this you will go onto study the combined ACA/CTA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – 25 days of holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
Mazars is an international, integrated and independent firm, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory and tax services. Being part of the Mazars team means being part of something big! Operating in 89 countries around the world, the opportunities to build and develop your career are infinite. Whether that’s gaining exposure to different types of clients, learning new skills or exploring international opportunities. We open doors that make Your Years at Mazars, Years That Count.
In the UK, Mazars has approximately 140 partners and over 1,700 employees serving clients from 17 offices and is ranked one of the top 10 firms nationally. Globally we draw on the expertise of 40,000 professionals – 24,000 in the Mazars integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance - to assist clients at every stage in their development.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Mazars LLP
Corporate Tax Assistant
Name: Hannah Traynor Age: 18 What is your apprenticeship: Corporate Tax Assistant under the...