Field Service Engineering Level 3 Apprenticeship
Believe there's more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a technical and occupational qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
The Intelligent Traffic Systems part of Siemens Mobility Limited designs, markets, manufactures, installs and maintains a wide portfolio of international traffic management products and is the UK market leader in the traffic signal business. This includes intersection and pedestrian traffic controllers, intelligent urban traffic control systems, variable message signs, public transport and car park guidance systems to enhance road safety and improve traffic flow in congested urban and inter-urban areas.
We are recruiting candidates to join our Field Service apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in IT, Engineering and Digital Technology.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Engineering Fitter standard (or similar, subject to local college provision).
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1: You will spend your first year in college studying towards your Foundation and knowledge qualifications, and we will begin integrating you into the Siemens community through work placements during the academic break.
- Year 2: College will be on a 1 day a week basis at this point. You’ll spend the rest of your time as part of a field service centre team. This will involve installing, maintaining and fault finding on highway electrical equipment. You will also begin your workplace-based competence qualification.
- Year 3: In year three you will continue to develop your technical, occupational, and professional competence and build your business network.
- Year 4: In year 4 you will complete the end point assessment requirements and transition into a permanent role within the business.
Whilst completing the training programme, you will have the opportunity to be cross-trained in other areas, such as fault administration, workshop, stores and other ITS equipment. This will lead to you being a more knowledgeable engineer with a deeper understanding of how your work interacts with others and fits into the bigger Siemens picture.
Alongside on-the-job training, you will also work towards an NVQ which consists of two levels, which will enable you to be utilised across the whole spectrum of skill sets and disciplines. To assist with your learning, you will also be allocated a mentor. It should also be noted that this Apprenticeship will involve working outside.
Minimum educational requirements:
You should have 5 GCSEs 4-9 (A-C) 2 of them being English Language and Maths.
The benefits of a Siemens apprenticeship
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £12,500, with annual increments, at the same time and an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled engineers who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Connected Mobility. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Our Apprentices get to work at the forefront of the Tech, Digital, Engineering, Energy and Building sectors. On a Siemens programme, you also have the advantage of getting to work on different projects and products. We want you to start with a strong foundation by learning a diverse selection of skills in preparation for a long-term career. Many different career paths can open up once your apprenticeship is completed and it’s time to progress into a permanent role.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Awards for Siemens
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Siemens
Ashleigh Sumner, is an engineering apprentice with the Siemens. Based at their...