Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship
Believe there's more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a technical and occupational qualification, whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Mobility is the leading passenger train maintainer in the UK, looking after over 1600 vehicles for customers like Heathrow Express, London Northwestern Railway, and South Western Railway. Billions of pounds are being invested in major rail projects and Siemens Mobility is playing its part in making these a success. We deliver innovative and technologically advanced solutions to help make journeys punctual, comfortable and safe.
We are recruiting candidates to join our Data Analyst apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in Digital Development and Data.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 2 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Data Analyst standard and earn your qualifications in Data Analyst Tools and Concepts.
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1: You will commence your knowledge qualification with your local training provider, and we will begin integrating you into the Siemens community. You will complement your knowledge by getting involved in our Digital delivery programme- “learning by doing.” You will get involved in building solution modules for our users and customers step by step. You will take responsibility for part of a solution and use your initiative to deliver, working collaboratively with technical experts, data scientists, data engineers and data visualisation experts. You will be in close contact with end-users and customers, championing the use of Digital solutions.
- Year 2: College will be on a 1 day a week basis at this point. You’ll spend the second and final year continuing to develop and demonstrating technical, occupational, and professional competence. You will also begin a synoptic project and preparing your portfolio for End-Point Assessment.
Here is what you can make a difference in
- Turning data into information: high-impact visualisations and dashboards that bring data to life for the user
- Using and developing your coding skills to build data pipelines and analytics components
- Being a bridge between the customer and development: a forward-deployed developer who develops solutions iteratively and rapidly with a customer
- Using your unique skills and perspective to find new, creative solutions to business requirements and challenges
- Learning from experts: review existing solutions and code, find ways of improving them. Learn by understanding and documenting state-of-the-art solutions, contributing to the solution as you do so.
Minimum educational requirements:
You should have 5 GCSEs A-C (or 4-9), 2 of them being English Language and Maths. You should hold a Level 3 qualification (for example A-Levels or an advanced apprenticeship). Where this is not the case, other relevant qualifications or experience may be considered.
The benefits of a Siemens apprenticeship
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £16,000 with annual increments at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Digital. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Our Apprentices get to work at the forefront of the Tech, Digital, Engineering, Energy and Building sectors. On a Siemens programme, you also have the advantage of getting to work on different projects and products. We want you to start with a strong foundation by learning a diverse selection of skills in preparation for a long-term career. Many different career paths can open up once your apprenticeship is completed and it’s time to progress into a permanent role.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Awards for Siemens
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Siemens
Ashleigh Sumner, is an engineering apprentice with the Siemens. Based at their...