Rail Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
Believe there's more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a technical and occupational qualification, whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Mobility is the leading passenger train maintainer in the UK, looking after over 1600 vehicles for customers like Heathrow Express, London Northwestern Railway and South Western Railway. Billions of pounds are being invested in major rail projects and Siemens Mobility is playing its part in making these a success. We deliver innovative and technologically advanced solutions to help make journeys punctual, comfortable and safe.
We are recruiting school and college leavers to join our Rail Engineering Technician apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in Engineering and Train Maintenance.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 3 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Rail Engineering Technician standard and earn your level 3 in Rail Engineering Technician Knowledge and Competence, with a pathway into Traction and Rolling Stock.
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1: You will spend your first year in college studying towards your Foundation and Knowledge qualifications, and we will begin integrating you into the Siemens community through work placements during the academic break.
- Year 2: College will be on a 1 day a week basis at this point. You’ll spend the rest of your time as part of a busy production team preparing trains for service, completing routine maintenance, and carrying-out fault finding. You will also begin your workplace-based Competence qualification
- Year 3: You’ll spend your third and final year continuing to develop and demonstrating technical, occupational, and professional competence, as you prepare for a role as a Traction and Rolling Stock Maintenance Technician. You will complete your Competence qualification and prepare your portfolio for End-Point Assessment.
Minimum educational requirements:
You should have 5 GCSEs 4-9 (A-C) 2 of them being English Language and Maths.
The benefits of a Siemens apprenticeship
- Continue your learning beyond school or college whilst earning a salary of £12,500 a year at the same time as well as a quarterly bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Our Apprentices get to work at the forefront of the Tech, Digital, Engineering, Energy and Building sectors. On a Siemens programme, you also have the advantage of getting to work on different projects and products. We want you to start with a strong foundation by learning a diverse selection of skills in preparation for a long-term career. Many different career paths can open up once your apprenticeship is completed and it’s time to progress into a permanent role.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Awards for Siemens
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Siemens
Ashleigh Sumner, is an engineering apprentice with the Siemens. Based at their...