Trainee Civil Engineer Degree Apprenticeship – South West
Our Degree apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to study towards a college or university qualification while putting everything you have learnt into action through on-the-job training.
Joining Skanska Infrastructure Services as a Trainee Civil Engineer, you will gain practical experience in our design, project management, construction and operations teams. You will be part of the efforts to keep Cambridgeshire moving.
What you’ll learn to do:
- You will learn various processes we undertake in constructing significant infrastructure, including surveying and setting out, quality control, programme management, procurement, supply chain management and aspects of commercial management
- You will learn to work with a range of software and digital engineering tools such as CAD Autodesk, VR, GPS and EDM (electronic distance measurement).
- Develop a practical understanding of the importance of health & safety and caring for the environment
- Assist with communication to the public and other stakeholders affected by our projects
What we offer:
- Through day or block release, Skanska will provide support and funding to help you achieve a Level 4 or Level 6 qualification in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Site Management
- Support and direction in your development
- A competitive salary and benefits
Who you are:
- Interested in engineering and/or STEM-related subjects
- Studying to achieve or having achieved 112 UCAS points (under the new tariff) plus Maths and English at GCSE (grade C/level 4 or above). One of your A level (or equivalent) subjects will ideally be Maths. Candidates who do not meet these criteria can be considered for a Level 4 Higher apprenticeship
- A good communicator and organiser
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving and researching innovative ideas
- Flexible to work from different locations, though largely based in the South West of England
- Ability to obtain a full UK driving licence within 1 year of joining us
Skanska, established in 1887, is one of the world’s leading project development and construction groups. Operating around the world in selected markets in Europe and the US, Skanska is listed on the Stockholm stock exchange and headquartered in Sweden’s capital city.
Our UK operation is one of the UK’s top construction and development companies. It is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build for a better society. Known for working on major projects, such as the Gherkin, HS2, the M25 and Crossrail, we are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply buttonApply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Skanska
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)