Heath & Safety Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Understand the Company Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company’s operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented.
- Assist in providing advice on the practical implementation of the company’s SHE policies and processes
- Assist SHE manager or delegate and Contract Management in understanding of stakeholders (internal and external) aims, priorities and risks with regards to SHE
- Assist with the development of Health, Safety and Environmental Management plans if applicable and coordination of review
- Assist in providing operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, incidents and ill health
We’re looking for:
- A passionate individual looking to undertake an apprenticeship with an award-winning employer
- An organised individual that can work well to deadlines
- Someone that enjoys challenges and problem solving in their day to day work
- Achievement of a level 2 qualification (GCSE A* - C or equivalent) in both English and Maths and level 1 in ICT.
You’re good at:
- The ability to deliver presentations, talking in public etc
- The ability to thrive in pressure situations
- The ability to empathise and communicate with all people, regardless of their background or circumstances
- Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills
- Be able to work on own initiative when required
- Be computer literate
This role might be for you if you’re: Enthusiastic to learn and progress a career within Health, Safety, Environmental & Wellbeing
What are the benefits?
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- A range of company initiatives (to opt in to) including; Bupa, Cycle to work scheme, Health Assessments, Free eye test
- Employer Assistance Programme - 24/7 support service
- Employer pension scheme (with up to 10% matched contribution)
Costain helps to improve lives with smart infrastructure solutions, using innovative approaches and new technologies to safeguard the security, increase the capacity, improve customer service and drive efficiency in our clients’ infrastructure programmes.
We know that deciding which career path to take is an important and often challenging decision, but it can also be an exciting one. We’ve got real opportunities for those who want to learn, adapt, be challenged and grow. No matter what your background.
Our Apprenticeship programmes offer the chance to gain practical work experience and build core skills and contacts within our Energy, Water and Transportation sectors. You’ll be supported to achieve professional qualifications, such as diplomas and degrees, and earning a salary at the same time.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Costain
For me being an apprentice is a brilliant way of combining both practical experience and technical knowledge. The apprenticeship programme...