Planner Level 3 Apprenticeship
What will I be doing?
- Involvement with the site and planning teams in all aspects of project planning, programming and progress monitoring, including information flow, procurement, and site works
- Carry out site visits and engagement with stakeholder
- Collection and preparation of data to support reporting
- Prepare and maintain schedules and trackers to ensure accurate information is available
- Develop short term plans and work with the team to track progress
- Learn to read drawings and take off quantities to develop short term plans
- Develop IT skills in the use of Microsoft office software and other software packages as required including planning software
- Working towards your formal qualification
- Keeping a work diary outlining your training progress throughout your apprenticeship
What will the programme involve?
- A recognised qualification: Level 3 Project Controls Apprenticeship (42 months + End Point Assessment)
- Time working towards your qualification (either College or workshop based)
- Attendance on apprentice development programme
- On-going support and reviews on your progress
- 6 monthly pay increases based on performance and attendance
- Options to attend career and personal development events
- Training in line with your qualification, to help personal development
- The opportunity to progress onto a further apprenticeship
What are the benefits?
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- A range of company initiatives (to opt in to) including; Bupa, Cycle to work scheme, Health Assessments, Free eye test
- Employer Assistance Programme - 24/7 support service
- Employer pension scheme (with up to 10% matched contribution)
Where can this career take me?
On completing your apprenticeship, you may have the option to progress onto a further qualification or training to aid your development. The skills you develop during your apprenticeship will aid you moving into a junior planner or cost engineer role. Further career opportunities may lead to scheduling, estimating, cost control, risk and quality and ultimately a role as project controls manager or director. The skills learnt during this apprenticeship are highly transferable.
We will aim to place you as close as possible to your desired location on your first placement, but you may be expected to be flexible while undertaking your apprenticeship.
We’re looking for:
- A passionate individual looking to undertake an apprenticeship with an award-winning employer
- An organised individual that can work well to deadlines
- Has an interest in looking at costs and estimates
- Someone who is creative with a keen interest in the latest technology
- Someone that enjoys challenges and problem solving in their day to day work
- Has the equivalent of 5 GCSEs, grades A*-C or 9-4 including Maths, Science and English
You’re good at:
- Communicating clearly, both written and verbally
- Problem solving
- Getting it right the first time, with good attention to detail
- Works well within a team, but equally on your own
- Using a computer and Microsoft software
This role might be for you if you’re: Enthusiastic to learn and progress a career within project controls, planning or cost engineering.
Costain helps to improve lives with smart infrastructure solutions, using innovative approaches and new technologies to safeguard the security, increase the capacity, improve customer service and drive efficiency in our clients’ infrastructure programmes.
We know that deciding which career path to take is an important and often challenging decision, but it can also be an exciting one. We’ve got real opportunities for those who want to learn, adapt, be challenged and grow. No matter what your background.
Our Apprenticeship programmes offer the chance to gain practical work experience and build core skills and contacts within our Energy, Water and Transportation sectors. You’ll be supported to achieve professional qualifications, such as diplomas and degrees, and earning a salary at the same time.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Costain
For me being an apprentice is a brilliant way of combining both practical experience and technical knowledge. The apprenticeship programme...