Civil Engineer Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship at CostainTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Costain
Civil Engineer Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship
What will I be doing?
- Develop an understanding of civil engineering skills, terminology and methodology
- Understand safe working practices, Health and Safety and Construction, design & management (CDM) regulations within the work environment
- Looking at project life cycle of design, construction and maintenance
- Working closely with other teams to meet client requirements
- Sub-contractor package management
- Mathematics for civil engineers
- Working towards your formal qualification
- Keeping a work diary outlining your training progress throughout your apprenticeship
What will the programme involve?
- A recognised qualification: Level 6 BSc Civil Engineering (66 months + End Point Assessment) – BEng will be considered if A2 Maths has been achieved
- Day release at University working towards your qualification
- A Supervising Civil Engineer and Delegated Engineer to support you through your IEng
- Attendance on apprentice development programme
- On-going support and reviews on your progress
- 6 monthly pay increases based on performance and attendance
- Options to attend career events and promote the business
- Training in line with your qualification, to help personal development
- The opportunity to progress onto a further apprenticeship / chartership
What are the benefits?
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- A range of company initiatives (to opt in to) including; Bupa, Cycle to work scheme, Health Assessments, Free eye test
- Employer Assistance Programme - 24/7 support service
- Employer pension scheme (with up to 10% matched contribution)
Where can this career take me?
On completing your apprenticeship, you may have the option to progress onto a further qualification or training to aid your development. The skills you develop during your apprenticeship will aid you moving into a site engineer role. Further career opportunities may lead to project engineer, project manager, site agent, works manager or roles within leadership. The skills learnt during this apprenticeship are highly transferable.
We will aim to place you as close as possible to your desired location on your first placement, but you may be expected to be flexible while undertaking your apprenticeship.
We’re looking for:
- A passionate individual looking to undertake an apprenticeship with an award-winning employer
- An organised individual that can work well to deadlines
- Someone who is creative with a keen interest in the latest technology
- Someone that enjoys challenges and problem solving in their day to day work
- 3 A-levels at grade BBB (not including general studies) ideally, but not essential in STEM subjects, or equivalent level 3 qualification (A2 Maths required for BEng)
- BTEC National Diploma DDM (2 x Distinction and 1 x Merits)
- Has the equivalent of 5 GCSEs, grades A*-C or 9-4 including Science and English, and Grade B or above in Maths
- All appropriate and equivalent, Level 3 (and above) qualifications will be considered
You’re good at:
- Communicating clearly, both written and verbally
- Problem solving
- Getting it right the first time, with good attention to detail
- Works well within a team, but equally on your own
- Using a computer and Microsoft software
This role might be for you if you’re: Enthusiastic to learn and progress a career developing design solutions for complex civil engineering problems, while using the latest technologies.
Costain helps to improve lives with smart infrastructure solutions, using innovative approaches and new technologies to safeguard the security, increase the capacity, improve customer service and drive efficiency in our clients’ infrastructure programmes.
We know that deciding which career path to take is an important and often challenging decision, but it can also be an exciting one. We’ve got real opportunities for those who want to learn, adapt, be challenged and grow. No matter what your background.
Our Apprenticeship programmes offer the chance to gain practical work experience and build core skills and contacts within our Energy, Water and Transportation sectors. You’ll be supported to achieve professional qualifications, such as diplomas and degrees, and earning a salary at the same time.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.