Quantity Surveyor Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship
What will I be doing?
- Supporting senior commercial staff with costs and contracts relating to projects
- The process of cost control, forecasting and reporting
- Procurement and analysing tenders, negotiating and administering subcontract accounts
- Capturing, managing and communicating change and risk on the project in accordance with the contract
- Detailed record-keeping
- Working towards your formal qualification
- Keeping a work diary outlining your training progress throughout your apprenticeship
What will the programme involve?
- A recognised qualification: Level 6 BSc Quantity Surveying (60 months + End Point Assessment)
- Day release at University working towards your qualification
- A dedicated supervisor and counsellor from Year 3 to support working towards your APC (assessment of professional competence)
- Attendance on apprentice development programme
- On-going support and reviews on your progress
- 6 monthly pay increases based on performance and attendance
- Options to attend career and personal development events
- Training in line with your qualification, to help personal development
- The opportunity to progress onto a further apprenticeship / chartership
What are the benefits?
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- A range of company initiatives (to opt in to) including; Bupa, Cycle to work scheme, Health Assessments, Free eye test
- Employer Assistance Programme - 24/7 support service
- Employer pension scheme (with up to 10% matched contribution)
Where can this career take me?
On completing your apprenticeship, you may have the option to progress onto a further qualification or training to aid your development. The skills you develop during your apprenticeship will aid you moving into an assistant quantity surveyor position, further roles may include senior quantity surveyor, commercial manager, dispute resolution or roles within leadership. The skills learnt during this apprenticeship are highly transferable.
We will aim to place you as close as possible to your desired location on your first placement, but you may be expected to be flexible while undertaking your apprenticeship.
We’re looking for:
- A passionate individual looking to undertake an apprenticeship with an award-winning employer
- A highly organised individual that can work well to deadlines
- Someone who is creative with a keen interest in the latest technology
- Someone that enjoys challenges in their day to day work
- Has the equivalent of 5 GCSEs, grades A*-C or 9-4, including Maths, Science and English
- 3 A-levels at grade BBB (not including general studies), or equivalent level 3 qualification
- BTEC National Diploma DDM (2x Distinction and 1 x Merits)
- All appropriate and equivalent, Level 3 (and above) qualifications will be considered
You’re good at:
- Communicating clearly, both written and verbally
- Getting it right the first time, with good attention to detail
- Works well within a team, but equally on your own
- Using a computer and Microsoft software
This role might be for you if you’re: Enthusiastic to learn and develop a career in quantity surveying, planning or commercial.
Costain helps to improve lives with smart infrastructure solutions, using innovative approaches and new technologies to safeguard the security, increase the capacity, improve customer service and drive efficiency in our clients’ infrastructure programmes.
We know that deciding which career path to take is an important and often challenging decision, but it can also be an exciting one. We’ve got real opportunities for those who want to learn, adapt, be challenged and grow. No matter what your background.
Our Apprenticeship programmes offer the chance to gain practical work experience and build core skills and contacts within our Energy, Water and Transportation sectors. You’ll be supported to achieve professional qualifications, such as diplomas and degrees, and earning a salary at the same time.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Costain
For me being an apprentice is a brilliant way of combining both practical experience and technical knowledge. The apprenticeship programme...