Business and Supply Chain Degree Apprenticeship
Our Business and Supply Chain degree apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to play a key role in helping the company source raw materials, manufacture our products and deliver the finished products all over the world.
Ensuring that our products are delivered to our patients and customers when they need them is vital. As a business and supply chain apprentice, you will gain a strong understanding of the steps involved in an end-to-end supply chain and play a key role in ensuring that GSK makes the right products and delivers them to the right place at the right time.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a bachelor’s degree (BSc Hons) in Supply Chain Management.
Working with both your manager and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us. You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
What will you do?
During the apprenticeship you will gain insight into how products and goods are made and shipped including warehouse operations. You’ll learn how to use and interpret supply chain data to organise our raw materials and help plan and organise our manufacturing and product delivery schedules.
This apprenticeship combines on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role might include:
- Scheduling and planning our raw materials and pharmaceutical production lines
- Assist with the logistics of new product introductions, packaging and shipping
- Learning about warehouse management inbound and outbound
- Understand the complexities of shipping internationally, cold train and customs
- Attending daily and weekly performance meetings and running reports
- Helping team members with data collection and data analysis
- As you progress in the role you will have more responsibility, potentially picking up your own portfolio of products and production lines to manage
What qualifications do you need?
To be eligible for our Business and Supply Chain degree apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- A minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) 9-5 (C or above) including Maths, English Language (not Literature) and a Science.
- To have achieved or be predicted to achieve 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (or equivalent) not including General Studies
- A levels in Business and/or Maths and/or Economics would be a bonus.
- A minimum of five Scottish National 5s at grade A-C (or five standard grades at grades 1-3). Must include Maths, English and Science.
- To have achieved or be predicted at least grade C in your top 3 Highers/Advanced Highers (equivalent to at least 96 UCAS points)
- Highers/Advanced Highers in Maths, Business or Science preferred
Where will you be based?
You will be based at one of our sites – Brentford (GSK House), Barnard Castle, Ulverston, Ware or Irvine.
When you apply; you will choose the site you want to apply to.
New for 2020: Apprentices starting at our Ulverston site will provide an exciting opportunity to:
- Work and develop in both our Ulverston and Barnard Castle sites
- Potentially secure a permanent role in either location
If you’re flexible, looking for a challenge and open to new experiences these apprenticeships could be for you.
What our apprentices say about the Business and Supply Chain apprenticeship...
“Business and supply chain is a great area to work in as you are exposed to many different business functions which allows you to work with people from all over the organisation.
“Being able to play a key part in ensuring patients receive the medicine they require when they need it is a fantastic feeling and is one of the reasons I am inspired to work for GSK.”
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
- Access to employee health and well-being programmes
- A fully sponsored nationally recognised qualification
How can you apply?
Applications for 2020 will open on Monday 2 December 2019.
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers and also, because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please contact us at UK.email@example.com
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare within which all our 100,000 employees share the vision of helping people do more, feel better and live longer.
The scope and breadth of our business is reflected in the range of apprenticeship opportunities we offer to talented and ambitious individuals. Our apprenticeships will give you hands-on experience in your chosen discipline and the opportunity to play a key role in contributing to the future success of the company. Whilst you learn on-the-job from industry leaders, earn a competitive salary, you will also study towards a nationally recognised qualification. The GSK programme aims to lead to a professional qualification within 2 to 3 years, allowing you to quickly reach your career goals!
Each of our locations in the UK offers you the chance to join us on an apprenticeship programme. Depending on your location, you can apply for one of our apprenticeship programmes at your chosen site. Explore our different apprenticeships to discover how each one offers you the chance to take on the global health challenges of today and tomorrow.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from GSK
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5)
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork and design apprentice is great, the opportunities that...