Finance (Data Analyst) Higher Level 4 Apprenticeship at GSKTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with GSK
Finance (Data Analyst) Higher Level 4 Apprenticeship
If you have a passion for business, building relationships and ambition to achieve a professional qualification, our apprenticeship is a great entry point for a successful career in finance.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training and learn from industry experts from day one combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. Working with both your manager and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.
You’ll be working towards level 4 Professional Accounting certification, the equivalent of the first year of university study.
To accelerate your knowledge in finance, we will provide you with fully sponsored CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) qualification. CIMA is an internationally recognised qualification that offers specialist management accounting knowledge, which makes it the best accountancy qualification for those who know that they would like to work in the world of business and management like GSK is.
What will you do?
You will join a 2-year apprenticeship with two different 12-month rotations, working in one of our finance teams with a combination of on-the-job learning and a programme of training and development. Your duties might include:
- Assisting with financial processes and period end close duties
- Dealing with internal or external customer queries
- Identifying and resolving issues using agreed processes or escalating as appropriate
- Reviewing accounting documents, producing routine reports and summaries for management as required
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Building your financial knowledge and skills to enable GSK’s business to achieve the best in innovation, performance and trust
- Using numbers to provide unique perspective and independent viewpoint to drive decision making and strategy across GSK’s operations
- Learning how to prioritise and manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines
- Shaping your own development and choosing courses in line with your needs and interests
- Working towards your fully sponsored CIMA qualification
On successful completion of the Level 4 Accounting Qualification, you will have an opportunity to continue to Level 7 CIMA Qualification which leads to the Professional Chartered Management Accountant level - the equivalent of a Master’s degree.
What qualifications do you need?
To be eligible for our Finance Accounting apprenticeship, you will need:
- Must have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE (or equivalent) at grades 5 or higher which must include English Language (not literature) and Maths at grade 5 or above.
- Must also have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 120 UCAS points from your top 3 A levels or equivalent (not including General Studies).
- STEM subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, or Computer Science, or Economics etc may be considered as an additional preference.
- You cannot be a graduate or already hold a Level 4 qualification for the Finance Apprenticeship (i.e. AAT, CIMA, CIPFA, HNC, HND, Foundation Degree etc).
Where will you be based?
The programme runs at our West London office at GSK House (Brentford).
What our apprentices say about the Finance apprenticeship...
“GSK is an amazing company where you feel valued even as an apprentice. The company helps you unlock your potential by different challenges every day.”
“I have learnt multiple, technical new skills to do with finance but also developed my interpersonal skills and confidence levels”
“I feel valued because my manager gives me useful feedback and involves me in multiple high-profile tasks”
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
- Access to employee health and well-being programmes
- A fully sponsored nationally recognised qualification
How can you apply?
Applications for 2020 will open on Monday 2 December 2019.
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers and also, because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please contact us at UK.firstname.lastname@example.org
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare within which all our 100,000 employees share the vision of helping people do more, feel better and live longer.
The scope and breadth of our business is reflected in the range of apprenticeship opportunities we offer to talented and ambitious individuals. Our apprenticeships will give you hands-on experience in your chosen discipline and the opportunity to play a key role in contributing to the future success of the company. Whilst you learn on-the-job from industry leaders, earn a competitive salary, you will also study towards a nationally recognised qualification. The GSK programme aims to lead to a professional qualification within 2 to 3 years, allowing you to quickly reach your career goals!
Each of our locations in the UK offers you the chance to join us on an apprenticeship programme. Depending on your location, you can apply for one of our apprenticeship programmes at your chosen site. Explore our different apprenticeships to discover how each one offers you the chance to take on the global health challenges of today and tomorrow.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click the apply button.