Level 4 IT Software, Web & Telecoms Professional Framework Apprentice at BT
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Level 4 IT Software, Web & Telecoms Professional Framework Apprentice
What you'll be doing
BT’s network is at the heart of everything we do; from sending a text, to air traffic control. BT is an ever growing company which means our network is constantly evolving and we are always at the forefront of cutting edge technologies that will be the basis for the next generation mobile networks and services.
Our network engineer apprentices play a key part to ensure that our networks are designed, tested, built and maintained with fresh, new, innovative ideas in mind. There is a broad array of network roles within BT. As an apprentice network engineer you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in a number of areas including testing the latest networking technology, upgrading the existing network and the planning, installing and running of network elements. You may also get the opportunity to gain in depth understanding of mobile networks and the technologies that underpins this, playing a part in supporting and maintaining high levels of stability and performance of the biggest and best mobile network in the UK.
Training & Support
With our training and ongoing support you’ll not only learn the ropes but you’ll develop personally, learning skills such as:
- Plan, design, build and test a simple network to a requirement specification that includes hubs, switches, routers and wireless user devices, applying appropriate security products and processes.
- Identify the key characteristics of a new network service and develop estimates of the expected traffic intensity and traffic load that the network must support.
- Determine the minimum network capacity of planned networks to meet network requirements.
- Design, build, test, configure and optimise a distributed network (more than 1 sub- net), including switches, routers and firewalls to meet given requirements.
- Identify and evaluate network security risks and incorporate appropriate security products and processes into network designs to increase security, resilience and dependability.
Analyse network performance and troubleshoot typical problems in networks.
You will need to achieve (or have achieved) an A-Level in ICT and five GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C or above) including Maths and English. Equivalent qualifications are accepted.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
BT is one of the world's leading communications services companies. We serve the needs of customers in the UK and in 180 countries worldwide. Our main activities are the provision of fixed-line services, broadband, mobile and TV products and services as well as networked IT services.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.