Private Client Tax Trainee (School Leaver) - Salisbury at Smith & Williamson
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Private Client Tax Trainee (School Leaver) - Salisbury
At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. Our trainee schemes are structured training programmes combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management to delivering presentations.
Our Private Client Tax Services team help individuals from all walks of life with their tax issues. With over 6,000 private tax clients and 1,500 trusts, our client base is incredibly diverse. Today, we provide services to high-net-worth individuals, non-domiciled individuals, landed estates, trusts and professional practices.
What will I be doing?
Our Private Client Tax Services team can deal with compliance obligations and reporting requirements while also advising on domestic and international issues through our Nexia International network. The team also work closely with other practices within Smith & Williamson such as the investment managers, financial planners and pension’s specialists which complement and enhance the advice we can offer.
As part of our Private Client Tax Team you will combine hands on practical experience which could be advising on tax efficient strategies or helping clients with financial planning whilst studying.
Duties of the Private Client Tax Trainee role are as follows:
- Preparation of accounts and tax returns for basic trusts
- Preparation of Repayment Claim Forms and basic Tax Returns for individuals
- Dealing with correspondence from clients/HMRC and other third parties
- Advising clients of their forthcoming tax liabilities including writing to clients and 3rd parties where necessary
- Assisting with billing clients in a timely manner for the work we have carried out on their behalf
- Dealing with day to day administration matters in relation to clients
- Organisation of workload to ensure an efficient and timely service
What training and development will I receive in my first few years?
Progression within this team is fast, with responsibility from an early stage. By the second year you'll be taking on a more senior role with smaller clients and helping to supervise the new intake of trainees and as your experience grows, you may have opportunities to experience other assignments such as control reviews and due diligence projects.
During your training contract you will study towards the joint ACA/CTA qualification.
Additionally, you will achieve the Level 7 Apprenticeship qualification, developing essential skills sought out in the professional services sector.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the joint ACA/CTA qualifications
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5
About Smith & Williamson
As a leading, independently-owned financial services firm, we offer unprecedented variety — not least because we’re home to an accountancy practice, an investment management arm and a private bank. It’s our breadth of services that makes us unique in the industry. We work with a broad range of clients too — start-ups, multinationals, high-net-worth individuals, professional practices and non-profit organisations.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.