IT Level 4 Apprenticeship
As a team we are responsible for supporting the business in all areas, ensuring that the IT solutions and services support and enable us to be creative and competitive. From the infrastructure of an engine test bed, to super computers capable of billions of calculations per second onto bespoke software application development.
As an IT Apprentice you will learn to support and develop IT across the all business functions.
What can we offer you?
We can offer you the opportunity to work and learn at the same time to achieve your Level 4 Software, Web and Telecoms Apprenticeship.
By the end of your apprenticeship you will have developed the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand and operate secure IT systems and services in a business and engineering environment.
- Understand and support business processes
- Technically diagnose, fault find and repair IT systems
- Understand and develop application in multiple programming languages
- Understand IT commercial processes and contracts
- Understand and support IT project management processes
- Develop team work and objective lead personal and business targets
Our benefits package includes;
- A salary of £18,500pa
- Performance bonus
- Podium bonus based on F1 results
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What development can you expect?
As a team we pride ourselves on sharing knowledge and developing and supporting our apprentices with a tailored 24- 36 month development plan. You’ll gain exposure to the breadth of engineering within F1 Powertrains by working in a variety of teams whilst being supported by our mentoring program.
What are we looking for?
- Tenacious, curious and driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment.
- For you to have completed (or be expecting to achieve by September 2017) a Level 3 IT course. We are looking for good grades (typically merits or distinctions) in a BTEC or equivalent diploma.
- Please note, you must select your course code during the application process, this must be recognised by our external apprenticeship framework provider to make you eligible for the role you apply for. Please check with your school, or college, if you are unsure of your QAN course code before completing your application form.
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above (4-9) which must include Maths, English Language and Science
- You will need to have practical experience of working with IT systems and applications, including an understanding of computing science principles and logic.
- People who are able to demonstrate: enthusiasm, communication skills, accountability, initiative, organisation, quality of work, innovation and team-work.
- People who are willing to go the extra mile to help the team succeed.
The application process:
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre. Assessment Centre’s will take place between February – April 2020
- If successful your scheme will start in September 2020
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bare with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Please note, you must select your course code during the application process, this must be recognised by our external apprenticeship framework provider to make you eligible for the role you apply for. Please check with your school, or college, if you are unsure of your QAN course code before completing your application form.
About Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
We’ve got an exceptional tradition in motor racing and have been the dominant team in Formula 1 for a number of years. At HPP (High Performance Powertrains) we’re responsible for the design and manufacture of Mercedes-Benz Formula 1 racing engines and hybrid power systems for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team. We’re also proud suppliers to Sahara Force India and Williams Martini Racing.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
- Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)