Assembly Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Assembly Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
As an Assembly Apprentice you will learn to assemble and disassemble precision components within a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining extremely high quality standards, ensuring we are in the best possible position to continue winning F1 World Championships.
As a team we pride ourselves on sharing knowledge and will support you with a tailored 3 year development plan, designed to provide exposure to the breadth of engineering within F1, Formula E and Project ONE, all whilst being supported by our mentoring program. We are also pleased to have been awarded the 2017 Advanced Apprenticeship Provider by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work and learn at the same time to achieve your Advanced Apprenticeship Standard incorporating a HNC in Engineering or similar (IMECHE accredited). By the end of your apprenticeship you will have developed the knowledge and skills to:
- Assemble engine and hybrid system (ERS - energy recovery system) components into sub-assemblies and complete power units
- Disassemble power unit components to support failure investigation
- Ensure all assembled components meet specifications and quality standards.
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Quality, Engineering) to ensure the development of the product is optimised
- Adhere to, create and maintain standard operating procedures for assembly processes and other operations
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement activities
Our benefits package includes;
- A salary of £18,500pa
- Performance bonus
- Podium bonus based on F1 results
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- Tenacious, curious and driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment
- For you to have completed (or be expecting to achieve by September 2019) a Level 3 BTEC or equivalent qualification
- For you to have achieved GCSE’s at grades equivalent to a C or above (4 - 9) in Maths and English Language
- Practical experience of assembling components, including an understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering principles
- The ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, accountability, and initiative, along with taking a pride in the quality of work you produce
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
The application process:
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre. Assessment Centre’s will take place between February – April 2020
- If successful your scheme will start in September 2020
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bare with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Please note, you must select your course code during the application process, this must be recognised by our external apprenticeship framework provider to make you eligible for the role you apply for. Please check with your school, or college, if you are unsure of your QAN course code before completing your application form.
About Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
We’ve got an exceptional tradition in motor racing and have been the dominant team in Formula 1 for a number of years. At HPP (High Performance Powertrains) we’re responsible for the design and manufacture of Mercedes-Benz Formula 1 racing engines and hybrid power systems for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team. We’re also proud suppliers to Sahara Force India and Williams Martini Racing.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.