Engineering Higher (Level 4) Apprenticeship at Wates Group
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Wates Group
Engineering Higher (Level 4) Apprenticeship
SES Engineering Services (SES) is the UK’s pre-eminent design-led Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) provider delivering bespoke, design-led, cost efficient solutions optimised for the whole construction team. We collaborate with our clients to ensure their environments and spaces function just as they need to.
If you're interested in design and like putting your analytical and problem-solving skills to the test, then our Student Engineering Programme may be the pathway for you. Our Engineers are responsible, in short, for all the functional characteristics of a building that take it from being an empty shell to becoming a comfortable living space. Tasks can vary from designing the air filtration system in a forensic lab to controlling the temperature and lighting systems in an office to engineering the floodlights in a sports stadium.
As a Student Engineer, you will be involved in:
- Advising on cost-effective and energy efficient systems
- Drawing up plans, using computer-aided design and building information modelling software
- Testing systems and making changes to plans where necessary
- Monitoring the installation of services and managing their maintenance once the building is completed
- Making sure all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation
Our Student Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Student Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
As well as structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training, you will also complete either a higher apprenticeship in Building Services, or a degree apprenticeship in Building Services Engineering depending on your level of education.
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in our SES business
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2020, this will be a condition of offer
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade 5 and above, including B in Maths and English
Please ensure you apply in enough time before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered. Assessment centres will take place in February and March 2020.
About Wates Group
As a family-owned business we know that our people are at the core of our ongoing success. We are very proud to be been named Contractor of the Year, Employer of the Year and received the Judges Supreme Award at the Construction News Awards, recognising our position as a leader in our industry.
Wates Group has a proud 119 year history as an independent family owned company. In 1897 Edward Wates and his three brothers set up the first Wates Company. During the 1920s and 1930s Edward's sons, Norman, Sir Ronald and Allan, expanded the company by pioneering speculative house building and then extended their activities into general contracting. During the Second World War, the company built aerodromes, army camps, factories and most notably, developed a speciality in constructing pre-cast and in situ reinforced concrete barges and floating docks. The company supplied major parts of the Mulberry Harbours that were towed across the Channel after D-Day.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.