Commercial Management Degree Apprenticeship - London at Mace GroupTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Commercial Management Degree Apprenticeship - London
Commercial Managers are predominantly based on site and are responsible for managing the project’s finances and commercial position throughout the lifecycle of the project. The role of the commercial manager in contracting covers all financial aspects of a project, from bidding for work through to the close out of final accounts when the project is completed. This involves procurement of works and the subsequent management of costs through the design and construction phase.
This is a site based role and you will be assigned to one project.
As an Apprentice Commercial Manager you will be assisting the Senior Commercial Manager with a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Producing monthly applications for payment
- Raising interim payment certificates (IPC’s) for sub-contract packages
- Administering interim statement of accounts (ISA)Updating cash flow forecasts
- Assisting in the internal cost reporting process
- Procuring of sub-contract packages which includes carrying out reviews, comparisons and assessments of tender returns
- Attending mid and post tender meetings with potential sub-contractors and suppliers
- Drafting of sub-contract documentation
- Managing the cost of of construction packages (e.g. demolition work, roofing and cladding) including assessing/reviewing variation costs
- Settling of final accounts with supply chain
You will be sponsored through a five-year part-time BSc degree in quantity surveying. We will provide support and mentoring to develop your experience and achieve Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors within six years.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Mace is a £1.97bn company, with over 6,000 employees, operating from five global hubs and inspiring each other and our clients to innovate. Our vision is to be the industry leader in helping to shape cities and build sustainable communities. We strive to find better ways to deliver for our clients, communities and the construction industry. We constantly challenge the status quo, make the seemingly impossible possible, and will always do so.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!