Technology Solutions Apprenticeship at Code Worldwide
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Code Worldwide
Technology Solutions Apprenticeship
We’re looking for a highly motivated, results-oriented Technical Consultant to join our software development team at Code. This is a full time, three year fixed-term apprenticeship with the potential for a permanent role at the end of it.
Based in our new Crawley office, near Gatwick airport (or alternatively, in our Bristol office) you’ll spend 80% of your time working alongside experienced colleagues, learning relevant, valuable skills, contributing to exciting client projects at the leading-edge of marketing technology. The remaining 20% of your time you’ll follow an established apprenticeship programme run by our partner, Ada College, graduating after three years with a BSC Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions.
The primary role of a software developer is to build and test simple, high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers. You’ll typically be working as a part of a larger team in which you’ll have responsibility for some of the less complex elements of the projects. You’ll need to be able to interpret design documentation and specifications and will also be involved in some business analysis and testing activities.
- Developing and unit testing web applications, software applications and web sites including maintenance & support
- Assisting Project Managers and Technical Leads in the planning of projects (e.g. provision of estimates, risk analysis, requirements analysis, technical options)
- Designing software
- Getting involved in the full life-cycle of projects (including pre-sales, analysis and system design, development and support)
- Supporting and working collaboratively with team managers across areas of design, development, quality assurance and operations
- Possibly travelling from time to time, to work with client services and digital production teams at other Code or clients’ offices
- Attending client meetings if required, to discuss and demonstrate solutions
- Building your portfolio of experience and putting your off-the-job learning into practice
You’ll also be
- Following an established apprenticeship programme with Ada College - a centre of excellence for advanced digital skills
- Learning and studying as part of a block-release cycle: 6 weeks with employer, 1 week at Ada, for the duration of the programme. During learning weeks you’ll need to attend Ada’s Whitechapel campus in East London.
- Assigned your own personal coach and support officer, as well as a manager dedicated to helping you succeed
Required skills and experience
- ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above (or equivalent), ideally in Maths, Technology, Engineering or Science-related subjects, or 260 UCAS points (equivalent to two Cs and one B at A level (excludes General Studies). Or 5 Highers from your 5th year at school, if Scottish.
- 5 GCSEs grades A* to C (or new grades 4-9), including Maths, Grade B or above, and English Language, Grade C or above
Desirable skills and experience
We’re happy to consider people with no prior experience. The following may be useful, but is not a prerequisite
- Some SQL knowledge, understands principles of relational DB
- Interest in object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Evidence of how you enjoy of working with technology
- Strong logical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Good communication and people skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for new technology
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new skills and contribute to the team’s objectives
- Ability to work to deadlines and to be delivery-focused
- Flexibility and willingness to help out where needed to achieve team goals
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for own activities
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Travel / accommodation expenses for Whitechapel will be covered by Code
- Potential for a full-time permanent Junior Developer role once you’ve achieved your qualification
- Gaining hands-on experience in a complex product development environment
- Building game-changing solutions and seeing the results of your work on a daily basis
- Developing your career and your network whilst gaining professional qualifications - so you can hit the ground running as soon as you qualify
- 24/7 access to leading-edge online learning tools (in addition to your apprenticeship) www.pluralsight.com and www.linkedinlearning.com
- Plus other benefits
Lastly, but importantly…
What we need from you: Jump in. Find problems. Fix them. Build relationships. Imagine new solutions. Invent them. Do whatever it takes to go above and beyond. And stand up for individuality.
What do you need from us? As an inclusive and flexible employer we understand that everyone has unique requirements and needs. So please let us know what we can do to help, should you require adjustments to the process or have specific needs within the role.
About Code World Wide
Code is a digital transformation business. We help our clients to invent a new future for their marketing through data and technology. We work at the intersection of technology, marketing, data, media and user experience.
Our service offering to clients includes: Transformation Consultancy, Data Engineering, Customer Experience Management technologies and Marketing Technology. We also develop and maintain our own Forrester-recognised Marketing Technology solution, adZU, used by 10,000 businesses worldwide.
Our clients include Best Western, Castrol, Christie’s, Domino’s, Jaguar Land Rover, L’Oreal, Mercedes-Benz, Mothercare, OMD, PHD, Samsung and Telstra. Code has a global presence and employees spanning nine cities, located in the UK, Europe, North America, China, Singapore and Australia.
Code is the data and technology division of Omnicom Precision Marketing Group (OPMG) and provides technology and data innovation to agency brands RAPP, Proximity, Critical Mass, Organic, Javelin and Targetbase. We’re also the leading provider of technology and data solutions to Omnicom Media Group and responsible for the development of Omnicom’s integrated technology solution, Omni.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!