Property Lifecycle Apprenticeship at Co-opTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Co-op
Property Lifecycle Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Associate Project Manager
- £18,000 plus benefits
- Manchester city centre
*Interviews will take place on 13 August 2019 with the programme starting in September*
We’re looking for an ambitious apprentice to join our property team. If you’re a college leaver looking to kick-start your career, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience and exposure across all areas of property, whilst gaining a professional qualification at the same time.
In this role, you’ll get a full view of the entire property lifecycle; from finding a site or property, planning the project, building the store, maintaining it, and eventually selling or refitting it. You’ll develop all kinds of skills and knowledge over a two year period to achieve a level 4 apprenticeship. During the programme, you’ll work on 7 different placements across property and construction teams, giving you an amazing opportunity and real exposure to find out what really makes you tick. And as well as getting a permanent role and competitive salary from the word go, you’ll also be gaining a huge range of skills and knowledge as well as an associate project manager qualification, without the burden of student debt.
What you’ll do:
- split your time between ‘on-the-job’ (80%) and theoretical (20%) learning
- start out by getting to grips with property, construction and project management basics alongside studying for your apprenticeship
- immerse yourself into 7 different placements during the programme, building on your skills and expertise
- work closely with a wide range of colleagues across property, construction, project management and food stores teams; working on multiple exciting placements across property, our stores and even in one of our external partners
- learn about key areas of our property function and project management, including; budgeting, project planning, stakeholder management, risk and safety consideration, contract and supplier management
- once you’re settled into your role and the team, you’ll gain more and more responsibility; taking on key tasks within projects and possibly even taking on smaller projects as you build confidence and capability
This role will suit you if you have:
- an interest in building a career in project management or property
- a desire to study while you work, applying what you learn to your role
- the ability to work well on your own and as part of a team
- good communication skills (written and verbal)
- a minimum of 2 A-level’s in any subject at grade D and above (or equivalent i.e. BTEC or level 3 apprenticeship)
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 / grade C and above – including maths and English language
- no current qualifications at Level 4 or higher in project management or a related subject
- availability to interview on 13th August
We can offer you the opportunity to obtain a qualification and build a career in property and project management without getting in to debt. You’ll have the opportunity to learn while you work in a supportive environment, and the guarantee of a permanent role once you’ve completed your studies. As a Co-op colleague you’ll also get:
- a competitive salary
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- an annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone – but having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
About the Co-Op
It takes all kinds of people to make a business work. So, at Co-op our nationwide apprenticeships are open to everyone with the right levels of skill, enthusiasm and understanding. If you have a genuine passion for customer service, a willingness to learn and a strong sense of community, you could really go places at the Co-op. We believe in working together, so take a look at all we can offer you and come share in our success.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!