Retail Store Manager Apprenticeship - Reading
A successful, growing, award winning business; Iceland are looking for candidates with outstanding potential to start their Apprentice Store Management Programme, leading your team with speed, energy and enthusiasm. Iceland are looking for an Apprentice Store Manager to learn, develop & apply the technical & behavioural skills required in order to successfully complete the apprenticeship programme to drive the performance of the store team to deliver business results and operation
** To be considered for this role you must have previous management experience, preferably within a retail setting. **
As an Apprentice Store Manager your first 6-12 months will be in the same store before we look for you to take responsibility for your own store. Learning the “Iceland way” on the shop floor.
Let’s be honest - supporting a Store Manager in Iceland is tough. When they are on a day off or on holiday it’s down to you! You are the managing director of your own little – or big – business. Imagine it is your name above the door. There’s a lot of hands-on work. We need you to lead by example and get ‘stuck in’. You will be rewarded and highly valued for great performance. Once a suitable Store Manager role presents itself you then have the grounding to run your own store.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with leadership and management experience to build a career with one of Britain’s fastest-growing, and most innovative retailers whilst working towards their Retail Management Level 4 Apprenticeship.
This is a 12 month apprenticeship and at the end of the programme you will move into an Iceland Store Manager position.
Salary - £24,000
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship Scheme your salary will increase to a minimum of £28,000
Day to day duties:
- Conduct weekly analysis on store sales and operations to identify areas of focus
- Drive sales through all available channels and marketing in store
- Continuously improve customer service in store with defined actions to improve
- Adherence and correct implementation of processes, policies and procedures in store
- Ongoing cost control to deliver all financial targets & drive company initiatives
- Manages team performance effectively
- Actively drives store talent programmes and internal development into management roles
- Takes ownership of implementing business decisions and effectively communicates them to the team.
- Regularly checks that customers are happy, challenging performance where appropriate.
- Enables the team to work at their best by monitoring, coaching, providing feedback, problem solving and communicating with pace and urgency.
- Manages the team’s performance and drives results by leading the team.
- Seeks and takes action on feedback from others to drive personal development and business performance.
- Knows how they affect others and leads from the front as a company role model
- Presents change in a positive manner, ensuring everyone in the team understands what is expected of them.
- Develops effective business networks to have influential relationships with managers, peers and customers.
- Competitive Salary
- Staff Discount Card
- Childcare Scheme
- Iceland Spend & Save, discounts at thousands of the country’s top retailers online
- Online Application
- Telephone Interview
- Face-to-face Interview
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!