Safety, Health and Environment Technician Apprentice at BBCTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with BBC
Safety, Health and Environment Technician Apprentice
As a Safety, Health and Environment Technician apprentice you will be part of the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) team working amongst a team of advisors.
You will work with many different teams across the BBC to help them make the most creative content in a safe way. You will learn how to provide advice, to help assess risk, carryout visits, recces and occasionally go on location around the UK.
You will assist to develop, review and check on the implementation of safe systems of work, develop and review risk assessments, investigate incidents and present findings to the management team. Under direction, you may be expected to perform analytical duties, such as carrying out noise monitoring, and develop Environmental, Health and Safety software tools.
Sometimes you will work on your own to resolve queries, other times as part of a team. Over time you will develop the skills and technical understanding to inspire colleagues to show how safety, health and environmental management can help programme making as well as protecting staff.
Who are you?
- You enjoy helping people and solving problems
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You are a 'people person' and enjoy working with others
- You have a good grasp of microsoft word and excel
What is in it for you?
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
Be part of something special. Join the BBC.
The BBC is the world’s leading public service broadcaster. Funded primarily through the television licence fee, the BBC provides audiences in the UK with high quality and distinctive services across television, radio and online. In the UK the BBC provides 10 network television services, 10 network radio services, 46 radio services in the nations and regions of the UK, plus an extensive online presence. The BBC also delivers impartial news and information to audiences around the globe through the World Service.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.