Procurement Level 4 Apprenticeship at Balfour Beatty
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Procurement Level 4 Apprenticeship
At Balfour Beatty, it is our objective to become the customer of choice to the best suppliers. We are achieving this by increasingly concentrating our business with the best performing suppliers and supporting continuous improvement in areas important to Balfour Beatty and our stakeholders.
Our philosophy for working with suppliers is:
- Safety and sustainability are of paramount importance
- By sharing information in a constructive and open manner, we aim to motivate suppliers to improve performance
- We will recognise and reward high performance
- We think innovation, learning and teamwork should be positively encouraged
- There should be continuous measurable improvement in the service provided
- The partnership should seek to create an environment of trust, integrity and open communication
- Both parties should always strive to exceed customer expectation.
What you'll be doing:
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme, geared towards you achieving Commercial Procurement and Supply (L4)
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 2 years.
Your responsibilities as a Procurement Apprentice include:
- Sourcing and placing purchase orders for direct and indirect materials to support our construction projects
- Support the preparation of Invitation to Tenders, including inputting into procurement strategy documents. Manage the issue of ITTs through the online tender management tool.
- Managing the websites where project supply chain opportunities are advertised. Receiving and collating responses to advertised opportunities and managing new supplier enquiries.
- Deal with communications (mostly over the telephone and face to face) with other stakeholders in the business
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
Who we're looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths & English coupled with an interest in Procurement
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Having a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to learn will be essential for this role.
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
About Balfour Beatty
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you to join our Procurement Teams across the country.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.