Digital & Technology Degree Apprenticeship
- Intakes:9th September
Key Benefits of a Degree Apprenticeship
- You’ll have a full-time permanent role from day one, and a competitive starting annual salary
- You’ll study part-time for your degree through Glasgow Caledonian University – whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role
- You’ll be in a supportive environment, with flexibility such as study leave to help you out
- Did we mention it’s 100% free? Through funding from Skills Development Scotland you’ll get the best of both worlds – with all the benefits of a job with a prestigious company and those of being a student at one of the best universities in Scotland
- You will study for a BSc Honours degree in Software Development for Business whilst applying what you are learning and making an impact in one of our exciting roles.
What’s the catch you ask? Well actually there isn’t one… you don’t need to be a techie, but we do ask that you’re as passionate as we are about the ways tech can be applied in the real world.
You will need to be flexible and able to travel to different offices and client sites after your first 3 months. During the first couple of months you will experience an induction and training programme, followed by a number of weeks on campus at Glasgow Caledonian University.
We have a number of different roles based in Glasgow. These include Application Support Analyst and Software Engineer working with technologies such as Oracle and Microsoft. If you reach the digital assessment stage, we will talent pool you towards the most suitable role based on your background and passion.
Skills and Experience
- Passion for technology
- Ability and willingness to travel to different offices and client sites
- High analytical capability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team working and communications skills
To be eligible you need one of the following:
- SQA passes in 5 subjects of which at least 4 are at Higher Grade
- GCE passes in 5 subjects of which at least 2 are at Advanced level (or equivalent)
- An appropriate program of SQA National Certificate Course units, which must include passes in modules that are at least equivalent to SQA/GCE English and Mathematics at Ordinary/Standard grade at credit level
- HNC in Computing/IT or equivalent
- BTEC National Diploma in Computing/IT
- IT Access course or equivalent
- Advanced GNCQ in IT
In all above cases, the qualifications must include SCE/GCE pass in English at Standard grade at credit level (or equivalent) and Mathematics at Higher Grade C (or equivalent)
To be successfully placed onto this apprenticeship, you must currently live in Scotland with a Scottish post code and will need to provide documentation to prove this is the case.
At Capgemini we often say that we’re the biggest company you’ve never heard of. We are one of the world’s largest tech companies, helping our clients to transform their businesses through ingenious technology solutions. We deliver exciting & innovative client projects across multiple industries all over the world using cutting edge technology in an entrepreneurial and supportive environment.
Importantly, you’ll have a community around you of likeminded apprentices who are part of the 4 ½ year programme. You’ll start your journey together on an eight-week residential training course where you’ll learn everything you need to know to kick-start your amazing career at Capgemini.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Capgemini
- Degree Apprenticeship
Jack Eker, 20, is working towards a Capgemini Higher Apprenticeship and recently won a regional 2013 Apprentice of the Year...