Digital & Technology Degree Apprenticeship - Wales at Capgemini
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Capgemini
Digital & Technology Degree Apprenticeship
- Locations:Treforest (Near Cardiff)
- Intakes:9th September
Key Benefits of a Degree Apprenticeship
- You’ll have a full-time permanent role from day one, and a competitive starting annual salary
- You’ll study part-time for your degree through University of South Wales – whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role
- You’ll be in a supportive environment, with flexibility such as study leave to help you out
- Did we mention it’s 100% free? Through funding from the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales you’ll get the best of both worlds – with all the benefits of a job with a prestigious company and those of being a student at one of the best universities in the UK
- You will study for a BSc Honours degree in Digital & Technology Solutions whilst applying what you are learning and making an impact in one of our exciting roles.
What’s the catch you ask? Well actually there isn’t one… you don’t need to be a techie, but we do ask that you’re as passionate as we are about the ways tech can be applied in the real world.
You will need to be flexible and able to travel to different offices and client sites after your first 3 months. During the first couple of months you will experience an induction and training programme, followed by a number of weeks on campus at University of South Wales.
We have a number of different roles based in South Wales. These include Technical Consultant, Software Developer, IT Support Consultant, Insights & Data Consultant working with technologies such as SAP and Microsoft. If you reach the digital assessment stage, we will talent pool you towards the most suitable role based on your background and passion.
Skills and Experience
- Passion for technology
- Ability and willingness to travel to different offices and client sites
- High analytical capability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team working and communications skills
To be eligible, you need:
- 5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English (4-9)
Plus one of the following:
- 3 A*-C at A-level (96 UCAS Points – NOTE: AS Levels are not included)
- Complete Advanced Apprenticeship
- BTEC (Pass, Pass, Distinction minimum)
- Pass the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma with Grade C/D in the Skills Challenge Certificate and BC – CD at A Level (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points)
NOTE: to be successfully placed onto this apprenticeship, you must currently live in Wales with a Welsh post code and will need to provide documentation to prove this is the case.
At Capgemini we often say that we’re the biggest company you’ve never heard of. We are one of the world’s largest tech companies, helping our clients to transform their businesses through ingenious technology solutions. We deliver exciting & innovative client projects across multiple industries all over the world using cutting edge technology in an entrepreneurial and supportive environment.
Importantly, you’ll have a community around you of likeminded apprentices who are part of the 4 ½ year programme. You’ll start your journey together on an eight-week residential training course where you’ll learn everything you need to know to kick-start your amazing career at Capgemini.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.