Shipping Data Analyst Apprenticeship Level 4
BP Shipping began life in 1915 as the British Tanker Company Limited, carrying oil products from Persia. The oldest continuous business unit in the BP group, over the past years it has been transformed into a centre of shipping and the marine expertise arm of the BP Group. Its goal is to provide safe, efficient and environmentally-sound shipping solutions in support of the BP Group strategy and provide marine expertise, where required, on ‘all that floats’. The Data Analytics Team are at the heart of that transformation, with the insight we provide enabling change.
As a Data Analyst in the BP Shipping Data Analytics Team you will collect, organise and study data to provide business insight. This will entail managing, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data, and conducting a range of analytical studies on that data. You will work across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of stakeholders/customers issues. You will document and report the results of data analysis activities, making recommendations to improve business performance. You will have a good understanding of data structures, database systems and procedures and the range of analytical tools used to undertake a range of different types of analysis.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and present findings
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Use visualisation tools to present data.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
Apprenticeship Standard: Data Analyst Level 4
Location: UK, Sunbury-on-Thames
Start Date: September 2019
- Applicants should have or be expecting to receive BCC at A Level or equivalent (104 UCAS) plus 5 GCSEs A-C including English and Maths AND have strong English skills
- 2 x A Levels including Maths or ICT OR Level 3 Apprenticeship in a similar subject OR International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT OR a BTEC extended Diploma (180 credits) in ICT
- Candidates may be considered for entry based on previous experience e.g. having done data analysis previously.
Additional Requirements Information
We are looking for someone with the passion to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. You will have demonstrated some of the skills to achieve this during your studies and will be excited about growing that skillset further within a dynamic and well regarded team.
Developing and producing energy resources that benefit people the world over is our motivation – it’s what drives us. So we’re constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s achievable. Demanding more of the resources we use in an effort to create a more sustainable future.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!