Finance Degree Apprenticeship
Critical to our success, the Finance team is a big deal here. Join us, and dive into exciting projects while studying for your CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accounts) Level 7 qualification.
Training period: 4 years
Requirements: at least five GCSEs A* – C (or equivalent grades 9-4), including English and Maths and achieved 3 A-Levels A-C grades with a preference to one A-Level being in a numerate subject (predicted or achieved) (Min 96 UCAS points)
Qualification achieved: CIMA Higher Apprenticeship in Management Accounting, Level 7
Start date: 9th September 2019
About the programme
Find out first-hand what it’s like to be an accountant for a leading entertainment brand. Create financial analysis and make commercial decisions, all whilst being supported in your studies for an accountancy qualification.
Finance influences all our business decisions and you’ll play a key role. Support new product launches. Help make decisions on whether we should invest in a new TV show or a game-changing piece of technology. Manage company-wide budgets and gain experience in our Corporate Finance team. And enjoy a collaborative, caring culture that helps us achieve brilliant things.
- Complete four roles, each one year in length in a different finance teams across Sky
- Be supported as you study alongside your role for the CIMA Higher Apprenticeship in Management Accounting, Level 7
- Build a network across finance of other apprentices and graduates
- Spend your first role focusing on key month end processes, variance analysis, budgeting and forecasting cycles. In addition, you’ll learn how to prepare management reports and consolidate/analyse data from various sources.
- Studying for, or have already achieved 3 A-C (or equivalent) at A Level
- Commercially-minded and a problem-solver
- Collaborative and great with people
- A self-starter, eager to drive change in an exciting and dynamic environment
- Good numerically
What you’ll get
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
29 years of experience. 23 million customers. Seven countries. Sky, Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business, is more than just television, mobile and broadband. With pioneering technology, innovative minds and forward-thinking teams, they make the future happen.
People drive Sky’s success. With programmes in Software Development, Technology, Journalism, Finance, Marketing, Customer Service and more, Sky looks out for a whole host of different skills. What you need to succeed is the drive, passion and ambition to write your own career story – whatever your previous experience. You’ll be given lots of responsibility, with hands-on training and on-the-job learning. Add in flexible working, structured learning plans, competitive rewards and discounts, and you’ll have everything you need to flourish.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Sky
- Apprenticeship - Intermediate Level (Level 2)