Human Resources Consultant - Higher Apprenticeship at Severn Trent
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Severn Trent
Human Resources Consultant - Higher Apprenticeship
Supporting our employee lifecycle
We live in a fluid world and we’re a FTSE 100 company moving with the current, our vision is to become the UK’s leading Water Company. Achieving it will take, what we call, Fluid Thinking. As a Human Resources Consultant Apprentice you’ll get a unique insight into the way one of the UK’s biggest businesses functions, as well as how we adapt to rapid, large-scale changes.
What you'll be doing
With over 6,000 employees across the Severn Trent organisation our Human Resources function helps support the whole employee lifecycle covering; Resourcing, Total Reward, Organisation Development and HR Operations. As an apprentice HR Consultant you’ll be exposed to a wide range of opportunities through tailored placements across these functions to help you develop your HR generalist experience.
Your initial placement will be a role in our HR Hub which provides HR administration support, first line advice and payroll activities across the Severn Trent business. Alongside this you will be working with Senior HR colleagues to advise on current processes and advise managers on policy and procedures to ensure best practice. All of this ensures that we continue to work towards our values including ‘Creating an awesome place to work’.
Responsibilities will include:
Delivery of a 1st class HR administration and first level advisory service across the business within agreed SLA’s on all areas within an employee life cycle including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of HR database & HR Administration processes
- Resolving employee and line manager queries, or escalate as appropriate
- Ensure that Streamline / Sharepoint is updated as appropriate
- All HR Administration processes are undertaken accurately and in a timely manner
- Support the annual pay review, bonus and other projects or associated administrative processes as required.
- Manage Long Service Awards administration.
- Support Graduate & Apprentice Administration requirements
- Support L&D Administration requirements
- Undertake payroll and benefits administration as required
- Managing the archiving and electronic filing processes as well as distribution of post
- Management of all HR Administration related documentation and employee lifecycle process documentation ensuring end to end process maps are maintained.
- Liaison with or escalation to Senior HR Advisers, Operational Excellence, 3rd party suppliers and senior internal stakeholders
How we'll support you
A two-week induction designed to introduce you to our business, show you how we work and help you get the best.
An Apprentice buddy
Someone to share your experiences with and support you in achieving your ambitions.
Regular performance reviews with your manager
Bi-annual reviews to help you outline clearly-defined goals and measure how you’re developing against them.
We’ll also help you to pursue nationally recognised qualifications, such as NVQs.
Training and Development
Your rotation placements will allow you to develop the skills and experience that you’ll require to become an expert here, either through working in operational teams or on technical projects. During this time, you’ll combine on-the-job learning with formal, nationally recognised development training modules and have the opportunity to gain a CIPD Level 5 qualification.
To help you drive and own your career progression, we’ll provide you with Personal Development Plan. This will be set and agreed with your line manager and reviewed regularly to inform your quaterly performance reviews.
What we're looking for
- 5 GCSEs, including Mathematics & English - grade C or above (or equivalent);
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) - minimum grade C
- Level 3 Human Resources apprenticeship or equivalent qualification or work based training.
About Severn Trent
With eight million customers, we do something incredible every day; supply almost two billion litres of water. We connect communities with the world's most precious resource.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading water company by 2020. To achieve this, we’ll need talented people ready to become the future experts of our industry.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.