Private Client Tax Higher Apprenticeship at Smith & Williamson
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Private Client Tax Higher Apprenticeship
Location: Guildford, London & Salisbury
We offer apprenticeships in three of our core business areas. These are structured training programmes that combine practical work experience, internal training and technical studies. As a Private Client Tax Apprentice, you’ll study for the (ATT) Association of Tax Technicians qualification and on successful completion you will begin studying towards becoming a Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA).
What is Tax?
Tax is an unavoidable fact of life – it affects every person, company and organisation. Everyone wants to save money on their tax bill.
People employ tax firms to know tax law, save money, do all the calculations, the paperwork and explain what complex issues in simple terms. A tax role has two main parts:
Compliance – the nitty gritty of tax, the paperwork. One key compliance job is to complete your client’s tax return according to the current regulations and file it on time.
Tax Consultancy – is the problem-solving side of the tax business. Tax advisors make sure their clients’ finances are tax-efficient.
Why do a Tax Apprenticeship in Private Client?
Our Private Client Tax services team help individuals from all walks of life with their tax issues. With over 6,000 private tax clients and 1,500 trusts our client base is incredibly diverse. Today, we provide services to high-net-worth individuals, non-domiciled individuals, landed estates, trusts and professional services
What might you do on an average day at the office
- Work on or check over a tax return for a client
- Review a change in tax legislation and report back to colleagues
- Collate information on a client’s tax position to prepare for a meeting
- Correspond with HMRC (HM Revenue & Customs) to sort out any queries about a client’s taxes
- Meet with a client to explain their options for tax efficiency
- Explain to a high net worth individual how their country of origin will affect their tax
What we look for in you
- A minimum of 112/280 UCAS points in your top three 3 A-Levels (excluding General Studies)
- A minimum of level 5 in both GCSE Mathematics and English Language
- A real motivation and commitment to studying towards the ATT and CTA qualifications.
- A real desire to learn how to interpret complex legislation
- Strong communication skills and an ability to communicate on a professional level
- Attention to detail
About Smith & Williamson
As a leading, independently-owned financial services firm, we offer unprecedented variety — not least because we’re home to an accountancy practice, an investment management arm and a private bank. It’s our breadth of services that makes us unique in the industry. We work with a broad range of clients too — start-ups, multinationals, high-net-worth individuals, professional practices and non-profit organisations.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.