Business Tax Higher Apprenticeship at Smith & Williamson
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Business Tax Higher Apprenticeship
Location: Guildford & London
We offer apprenticeships in three of our core service lines. These are structured training programmes that combine practical work experience, internal training and technical studies. As a Business Tax Apprentice, you’ll be fully supported throughout, as you study for the joint ACA/CTA qualification. This joint programme allowing you to become an Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) and Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) on a fast track route.
What is tax?
Tax is an unavoidable fact of life – it affects every person, company and organisation.
People employ tax firms to know tax law, save money, do all the calculations, the paperwork and explain what they are doing in simple terms.
A tax role has two main parts: Compliance – the nitty gritty of tax, the paperwork. One key compliance job is to complete your client’s tax return according to the current regulations and file it on time.
Tax Consultancy – is the problem-solving side of the tax business. Tax advisors make sure their clients’ finances are tax-efficient.
Why do a Tax Apprenticeship in Business Tax?
Tax is a complex but fascinating area to work in and tax professionals are highly valued in business. They provide advice to help save money and maximise profits as well as contribute to business strategy. The Apprenticeship will equip you with tax, finance and business skills for a successful career. Our Business Tax team provides tax and consulting services to a wide range of companies, from large multinationals to much smaller businesses. We provide advice and we regularly negotiate with HM Revenue & Customs.
What might you do on an average day at the office
- Work on or check over a tax return for a client
- Review a change in tax legislation and report back to colleagues
- Collate information on a client’s tax position to prepare for a meeting
- Correspond with HMRC to sort out any queries about a client’s taxes
- Meet with a client to explain their options for tax efficiency
What we look for in you
- A minimum of 112/280 UCAS points in your top three 3 A-Levels (excluding General Studies)
- A minimum of level 5 in both GCSE Mathematics and English Language
- A real motivation and commitment to studying towards your professional exams
- A real desire to learn how to interpret complex legislation
- Strong communication skills and an ability to communicate on a very professional level
- Attention to detail
About Smith & Williamson
As a leading, independently-owned financial services firm, we offer unprecedented variety — not least because we’re home to an accountancy practice, an investment management arm and a private bank. It’s our breadth of services that makes us unique in the industry. We work with a broad range of clients too — start-ups, multinationals, high-net-worth individuals, professional practices and non-profit organisations.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!