Digital Degree Apprenticeship at Siemens
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Siemens
Digital Degree Apprenticeship
Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
The Siemens Digital Factory in Congleton is an award-winning facility, responsible for designing, manufacturing and servicing inverters for the global industrial market. The factory is undertaking an ambitious digital transformation, to help increase competitiveness and productivity to deliver more innovative products and services to our customers. Our inverters support companies to maximise performance in a sustainable and efficient way that will reduce environmental impact.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference and who have a keen interest in IT, Digital Technology and the engineering sector.
This Degree Apprentice program lasts for approximately 5 years, during which time you will gain the necessary skills to work alongside our Research and Development and IT Teams to develop software solutions both for our products but also to support the manufacturing facility. Key responsibilities will include -
- Helping to lead digitilisation topics in industrial product design and development, including real time low level embedded software, micro controllers, operating systems and processors.
- Application and mobile platform development.
- Become part of a team and work closely with our engineers to create ground-breaking solutions
- Join a community of highly skilled experts maintaining professional and technical knowledge to stay at the forefront of innovation.
- Digital electronics & programming and scripting using languages such as c, c++, java, .NET, html etc.
- During your time with us, you will work towards a BSc (Hons) in Digital & Technology Solutions with a Software Engineer pathway.
We are looking for bright, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Someone who is genuinely interested in software development and electronics who is wanting to pursue a professional career in engineering.
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Factory Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
To qualify for this role you must have:
- Two A Levels / A2: Grades A*-C or equivalent in relevant subjects
- We also welcome applications from those with a BTEC Level 3 certificate or equivalent with DMM Grades
What else do I need to know?
Throughout the apprenticeship there will be the requirement of occasional shift work and overtime as well as travel to other UK Siemens locations and potentially outside the UK.
One of the world’s most inspired technology and engineering companies, Siemens has built the most important and innovative parts of our society – from rail and power generation to cities and renewable energy. Now, our mission is to pioneer a digital planet.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.