Highways Maintenance Apprentice Level 2 - South East at Balfour Beatty
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Highways Maintenance Apprentice Level 2 - South East
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Hertfordshire.
Highways Maintenance Apprentices will be required to work as part of a versatile highways team, delivering both reactive highway maintenance and planned highway works. Out of hours emergency response and winter maintenance duties are also part of the role.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will also attend college and study for and be expected to pass intermediate (level 2) Apprenticeship Highways Maintenance within 2 years, as well as a number of other training and learning events, however most of your learning will be “on the job”, utilising the wealth of experience within the team you’ll be working within.
You will also have various other training opportunities. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
What you'll be doing:
- Deliver Highways works efficiently and safely for the local area
- Liaise with members of the client team and the public to ensure that the client’s needs are met
- Work as part of a team to deliver reactive, emergency and other types of highways works in all weathers
- Be responsible for onsite Health and Safety at all times
- Routine and reactive repairs, emergency call out and winter maintenance (gritting).
- Out of Hours Standby (on a rota basis)
Who we're looking for:
- You will have an interest in Highways Maintenance
- You will be focused on delivering high quality highway works, safely and to budget
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety is essential
- Have a flexible approach to your working day and be willing to work out of hours when required is essential
- You will have a willingness to learn
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
- As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.
About Balfour Beatty
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.