Customer Operations Level 3 Apprenticeship
At VWFS, we are passionate about learning but we understand not everyone wants to go straight to Uni, pay University fees and put their careers on hold. If that sounds like you, our programmes could be the perfect opportunity to accelerate your career.
What our 2 year programme involves:
Our apprentices have the opportunity to act as a voice of the business and provide our diverse customer base with a high quality customer experience. We thrive on the highest standards of customer care, looking after the people who choose us to finance or insure their vehicles. It’s a vital part of our on-going success.
This role will rotate around some of the core business areas within Customer Operations, giving you key skills and knowledge of the department. Whilst studying towards a Senior Financial Services Customer Advisor Level 3 Apprenticeship you will work alongside a variety of customers all who are at different stages of their journey with VWFS, including Fleet, New Business and Collections.
It is important to us that the apprentices joining our business get real exposure and work experience. This means you won’t be job shadowing and making coffee, instead you will be undertaking operational roles within each of the above departments including:
- Handling calls from our retailer network
- Reviewing and activating or declining new finance proposals
- Providing a first contact point to our customers
- Investigating and resolving arrears balances for customers who may be facing financial difficulty.
You will then have the opportunity in your 2nd year to complete two, 5 month placements in a specialist area of your choice, equipping you with a breadth of knowledge and experience in order to drive your career forward.
The learning part:
Our programmes are structured to help you unlock your potential and you’ll receive full support for your studies, including 20% of your hours on ‘off the job’ learning. Throughout the qualification you will attend training, have mentor visits, build a portfolio of evidence and complete one exam and an end point assessment.
Alongside that you will have a great support network from current and previous apprentices who can relate to what you are doing. We have some great success stories of colleagues who started their career with us on this exact scheme and are now driving their career forward within the business.
What you’ll get: (apart from a wealth of experience for the future…)
- Earn whilst you learn and receive a Level 3 apprenticeship after the 2 years
- Support through our Mentoring scheme where you will be buddied up with one of our previous Apprentices
- A fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- Participate in Lifeskills workshops, designed specifically for our Apprentices
- A certificate for Specialists in Automotive Finance awarded by the London Institute of Banking & Finance
- Salary of £12,740 per annum with an increase to £15,500, alongside access to a discounted loan car scheme in year 2, discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Out of the office with external visits including retailers and car auctions
- Onsite wellbeing centre – think lunchtime massages, onsite HIIT classes and health check-ups
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with an appetite to learn and develop
- Team player, enthusiastic and friendly
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage your time effectively
- Maths and English GCSE – grade C or Level 4 and above
We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application; if you’re successful we’ll be in touch regarding a video interview. Please don’t be put off by this as we always endeavour to make the process as nice as we can!
You may then be invited to one of our Selection Events, the aim of this event is not to catch you out; it’s to assess your suitability for the scheme and our suitability for you too. These will be held at our head office in Milton Keynes at the start of April 2019.
About Volkswagen Financial Services (VWFS)
Volkswagen Financial Services (VWFS) provides finance and insurance services to customers across the entire Volkswagen Group in the United Kingdom. We’re lucky to work with some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands including Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Bentley and Lamborghini – to name just a few!
You might imagine you’ll need a finance degree and a wardrobe full of grey suits to work at VWFS. Not true. We’re smart casual in the office, informal in how we work together and we are looking for individuals starting out in their careers with diverse skills, backgrounds and ideas to join us.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!