Accounts Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship at Volkswagen Financial Services
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Accounts Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship
At VWFS, we are passionate about learning but we understand not everyone wants to go straight to Uni, pay University fees and put their careers on hold. If that sounds like you, our programmes could be the perfect opportunity to accelerate your career.
What our 2 year programmes involve:
The Finance Operations team is motivated to deliver exceptional service to our internal and retailer customer base. The team is responsible for performing all transactional, daily tasks across the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes.
During your time at Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) you will be able to develop your skills, gain experience within each of the teams, add value and contribute to the success of the organisation. Don’t worry if this sounds a little daunting – full training and support will be given to the successful candidate.
Accounts Assistant Apprenticeship
The role itself offers an insight into 4 key teams that make up Finance Operations; Cash Processing, Customer Accounts, Accounts Payable & Bank Processing and is a great place for you to start a career in this sector and obtain some great knowledge of how a Finance department operates.
You will be involved in:
- Ensuring Direct Debit Collection payment runs are completed daily for VWFS
- Sending New Direct Debit Instruction requests and updates to the bank daily
- Investigating and monitoring of customer account portfolios
- Processing employee expense claims
- Verifying and posting of purchase order invoices
- The daily reconciliation of SAP to enable the processing of all payment and collection runs to the retailer network
- Managing mailboxes to ensure queries are dealt within SLA
The learning part:
Our programmes are structured to help you unlock your potential and you’ll receive full support for your studies, including 20% of your hours on ‘off the job’ learning. Throughout the qualification you will attend training, have mentor visits, build a portfolio of evidence and complete an end point assessment.
Alongside that you will have a great support network from current and previous apprentices who can relate to what you are doing. We have some great success stories of colleagues who started their career with us on this exact scheme and are now driving their career forward within the business.
What you’ll get: (apart from a wealth of experience for the future…)
- Earn whilst you learn and receive a Level 3 apprenticeship after the 2 years
- Support through our Mentoring scheme where you will be buddied up with one of our previous Apprentices
- A fun and sociable workplace to start your career
- Participate in Lifeskills workshops, designed specifically for our Apprentices
- Salary of £12,740 per annum with an increase to £15,500, alongside access to a discounted loan car scheme in year 2, discretionary bonus and company pension scheme
- Chance to make a difference in the local community with various volunteering opportunities
- Out of the office with various external visits including retailers and car auctions
- Onsite wellbeing centre – think lunchtime massages, onsite HIIT classes and health check-ups
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with an appetite to learn and develop
- Team player, enthusiastic and friendly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maths and English GCSE – grade C or Level 4 and above
- Passionate about wanting to progress a career in Finance
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
We’ll be in touch shortly after receiving your application; if you’re successful we’ll be in touch regarding a video interview. Please don’t be put off by this as we always endeavour to make the process as nice as we can!
You may then be invited to one of our Selection Events, the aim of this event is not to catch you out; it’s to assess your suitability for the scheme and our suitability for you too. These will be held at our head office in Milton Keynes at the start of April 2019.
About Volkswagen Financial Services (VWFS)
Volkswagen Financial Services (VWFS) provides finance and insurance services to customers across the entire Volkswagen Group in the United Kingdom. We’re lucky to work with some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands including Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Bentley and Lamborghini – to name just a few!
You might imagine you’ll need a finance degree and a wardrobe full of grey suits to work at VWFS. Not true. We’re smart casual in the office, informal in how we work together and we are looking for individuals starting out in their careers with diverse skills, backgrounds and ideas to join us.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.