Advanced and Higher Apprenticeships – Engineering – London Euston and York at Siemens
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Siemens
Advanced and Higher Apprenticeships – Engineering – London Euston and York
Believe there is more than one way to secure a successful future?...So do we.
We think our advanced and higher apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university and college for ambitious students, with an eye for engineering. Especially as you’ll gain professional qualifications and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Rail Electrification is a specialist in Rail Electrification projects working with Network Rail/London Underground throughout the UK. Rail Electrification provides a combination of Engineering Skill and Project Management experience to deliver complex solutions which are installed throughout the UK.
We are recruiting for both advanced and higher apprentices to join the Rail Electrification division at our location in York.
- 4 Year Apprenticeship
- First year will be based full time at local college
- Second year will be based at York/London Euston with day release to college.
- For the third & fourth years you will be involved in the Rail Electrification projects that we have throughout the UK. The principal responsibility will be to support the design, site installation and commissioning activities for the East Coast Main Line between London and Edinburgh and other Network Rail/LUL projects throughout the UK
- Minimum of 5x GCSE’s (inc Maths, English & Science) at grade C or above.
- 3 Year Apprenticeship
- First year will be based full time at local college
- The second/third year will be based at York/London Euston with day release to college and you will be involved in the Rail Electrification projects that we have throughout the UK. The principal responsibility will be to support the design, site installation and commissioning activities for the East Coast Main Line between London and Edinburgh and other Network Rail/LUL projects throughout the UK
- Minimum 2x A level’s or equivalent, one of which must be in a computer based subject, Maths or Physics.
The successful candidates will complete a structured learning programme over a three or four year period. Included in this programme you will gain an understanding of the business unit; its goals, vision, services, comprising departments, customers, and supply chain. This will enable development of engineering skills, knowledge, and competence in preparation for a role within the engineering group.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to join the Rail Electrification engineering team and ultimately responsible for the design, installation and commissioning of AC and DC traction power supplies for Network Rail/London Underground.
To successfully complete all elements of a structured learning plan including:
- Nationally-recognised engineering qualifications
- Attend all role/performance review sessions as necessary to review progress made.
- Work placement rotation plan
- Take ownership and responsibility for the completion of all allocated tasks in accordance with instructions provided.
- Advanced Apprenticeship - 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above (or equivalent) in Science, Maths and English
- Higher Apprenticeship - ‘A’ level or BTEC National Cert (or equivalent) in a computer based subject, Maths and / or Physics (Higher Apprentice only)
- Passion for Engineering
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organisational and time management skills
- IT Literate
- Awareness of aspects of telecoms engineering relating to fixed networks
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.