Degree Apprenticeship – Risk and Safety Management (Rolling Stock) at Siemens
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Siemens
Degree Apprenticeship – Risk and Safety Management (Rolling Stock)
Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock is looking for a Degree Apprentice in Risk and Safety Management to start with us in September 2019.
This is an opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to start their career with a progressive and market-leading company and achieve a degree qualification at the same time - without any tuition fees!
Concepts that make transport more efficient are in demand with the ever-increasing need for mobility. With our long-standing transport expertise and our IT know-how, we are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase availability of infrastructure, optimise throughput, and improve passenger experience. It’s in how we electrify, automate and digitalise infrastructure and rolling stock that we’re setting the benchmark for tomorrow’s mobility – today.
By the end of the degree apprenticeship in Risk and Safety Management you will be able to establish the context of a problem, identify all hazards including those with the potential to cause a major accident, analyse the associated risk, evaluate the risk against acceptance criteria, and propose ways of treating the risk such that it is eliminated or reduced and maintained as low as reasonably practicable. You will be responsible for addressing means of monitoring and reviewing actual risks and safety performance, and communicating and consulting on risk issues with all relevant stakeholders within the business.
Over the duration of the apprenticeship programme (typically 48 months), you will receive a full-time salary and rewards package, valuable working experience and real responsibility from the get go.
You will also follow a development plan designed to enable you to meet the Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviour requirements of the Apprenticeship Standard and business' competency management system.
Your time will be spent between one of our Partner Universities and various Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock and customer sites across the UK, and so the successful candidate must be prepared to travel.
Elements of the programme include:
- Fully funded degree study programme – MSc Health and Safety Risk Management
- Business-wide rotational placement plan
- Work-based skills training
- Health and Safety training
- Access to the Siemens and NTAR learning communities
- End Point Assessment
- To develop appropriate Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours in preparation for a role within Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock
- To fully participate and engage with the apprenticeship programme and complete all elements of the development plan, including regular presentations on programme progress to senior business stakeholders
- To gain an understanding of the Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock business unit, including its goals, vision, services, comprising departments, customers, and supply chain
- To report to your line manager and/or placement manager and take ownership for the completion of all allocated tasks to the best of your ability
- To work towards personal goals and business objectives set at regular learner reviews, and actively seek opportunities for personal and professional development
- To demonstrate Technical, Occupational, and Professional competence as a Risk and Safety Management Degree Apprentice upon completion of the programme
- To fully participate and engage with the business’ Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) requirements
- You will have three A-Levels at Grades BBC/BCC or acceptable alternatives eg. BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma, Extended Diploma at Level 3 (Grades DMM)
- You will have Level 2 English (either GCSE at Grade A-C/9-5, or Level 2 Functional Skills English)
- You will have Level 2 Mathematics (either GCSE Mathematics at Grade A-C/9-5, or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics)
- Undergraduate honours degree in a related subject (such as Environmental Health, Occupational Health and Safety etc.)
- Professional Diploma in Safety, Health and Environmental Management
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level Four in Occupational Health and Safety
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.