Business Degree Apprenticeship – Project Management Office / Technology Project Consultant
Locations: London, Birmingham and Woking
Intakes: 9th September 2019
Key Benefits of a Degree Apprenticeship
- You’ll have a full-time permanent role from day one, and a competitive starting annual salary
- You’ll study part-time for your degree through Aston University – whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role
- You’ll be in a supportive environment, with flexibility such as study leave to help you out
- Did we mention it’s 100% free? We’re sponsoring all of the costs of your degree – You’ll get the best of both worlds – with all the benefits of a job with a prestigious company and those of being a student at one of the best universities in the UK.
- You will study for a BSc Honours degree in Leadership and Business Management, attaining Chartered Management status within the Chartered Management Institute. This, whilst applying what you are learning and making an impact in one of our exciting roles.
What’s the catch you ask? Well actually there isn’t one… you don’t need to be experienced, but we do ask that you’re as passionate as we are about the ways tech and business solutions can be applied in the real world.
You will need to be flexible and able to travel to different offices and client sites after your first 3 months. During the first 9 weeks you will experience an induction and training programme in a residential environment with Week 1 based at our Telford offices and then Weeks 2-9 on campus at Aston University.
Who you’ll be working with
We have two role families we’re recruiting for: Project Management Office Analysts and Technology Project Consultants.
PMO Analyst – Central to the work of our innovative Business and Technology Solutions team is the Project Management Office. Committed to helping our clients enjoy a seamless transition to the new and updated technology solutions that will take their businesses to the next level, the PMO are there every step of the way to ensure our large-scale projects are on-time and within budget – and on track to exceed every expectation.
Tech Project Consultant – Working across a huge spectrum of challenges, you will provide IT consultancy expertise that will transform how our clients conduct their day-to-day business and how they interact with their own customers, streamlining their business processes and enhancing profitability. Understanding how we can support these clients, you will ensure the right apps and technology are in place to exceed their expectations.
The Focus of Your Role
The technology solutions that we develop and implement for our clients have the scope to transform business outcomes – resulting in huge commercial successes. You will be central to ensuring this level of potential is achieved, supporting and guiding clients through the entire process, and applying meticulous attention to detail to every challenge that you are faced with.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be involved in the financial management of a project, identifying risks and issues and finding solutions before they become a problem.
- You’ll act as a communicator – writing newsletters and announcements, answering queries and ensuring the right information is available to the team and to the client.
- You’ll act as the interface between client and technical teams, rotating between roles, high-profile clients and challenges to find your ideal career path.
- You’ll ensure the distinct components of client contracts are being delivered on-time and to the highest standards.
Technology Project Consultant:
- You’ll implement solutions in every area from financial management to HR, working on client premises to develop and improve cloud and platform-based products and applications.
- You’ll contribute to project delivery, benefitting from the support and guidance of senior colleagues.
- You’ll offer consultancy expertise, implementing large scale IT transformation projects to the highest standards.
Skills and Experience
- Passion for business and technology
- Ability and willingness to travel to different offices and client sites
- High analytical capability
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- A collaborative approach to work, as well as creative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with a sharp eye for detail.
To be eligible, you need:
- 7 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English (4-9)
Plus one of the following:
- 3 A*-C at A-level (96 UCAS Points – NOTE: AS Levels are not included)
- Complete Advanced Apprenticeship
- BTEC (Pass, Pass, Distinction minimum)
At Capgemini we often say that we’re the biggest company you’ve never heard of. We are one of the world’s largest tech companies, helping our clients to transform their businesses through ingenious technology solutions. We deliver exciting & innovative client projects across multiple industries all over the world using cutting edge technology in an entrepreneurial and supportive environment.
Importantly, you’ll have a community around you of likeminded apprentices who are part of the 4 ½ year programme. You’ll start your journey together on an eight-week residential training course where you’ll learn everything you need to know to kick-start your amazing career at Capgemini.
Register your interest
If you are interested in this role, please click the button below to register your interest.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Capgemini
Jack Eker, 20, is working towards a Capgemini Higher Apprenticeship and recently won a regional 2013 Apprentice of the Year...