Sky News Reporter Advanced Apprenticeship at Sky
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Sky
Sky News Reporter Advanced Apprenticeship
- Duration: Two years
- Requirements: at least five GCSEs A* – C including a minimum B in English Language (or equivalent 9-4), plus a minimum of two A-level grades from A* – D, or a BTEC Diploma (Merit or Distinction) in a relevant subject
- Location(s): Osterley, West London
- Start date: 9th September 2019
Join the Sky News national team reporting from around the UK. Research and deliver stories on all sorts of topics, including health, education, crime, social affairs, technology and economics. Based at our Osterley HQ, you’ll quickly make great contacts. Learn how a story starts and progresses. Understand how we gather and distribute news to all our platforms – TV, mobile, online, social and radio. And hit the road with our field producers and correspondents.
- Spend your first three months at college working towards your Journalism Diploma, covering: writing skills, media law, ethics, as well as how to structure and develop a story
- Learn how we compile news – from planning, production and editing to the finished report
- Shadow some of the best reporters and camera crews in the country
- Eventually find, research and make your own content for Sky News platforms, drawing on your first-year learnings with us
Just so you know: you’ll work with a broad range of Sky content, some of which isn’t suitable for under-18s. So we won’t be able to accept applications from people younger than 18 years old after the start date of 9th September 2019.
- Dedicated to finding and sharing the top news stories
- Passionate about current affairs
- Comfortable sharing your opinions on key topics in an articulate way
- Accomplished on social media, using it to find, develop and deliver stories across different platforms
- Upbeat and great with people
- Willing to travel around the UK
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
29 years of experience. 23 million customers. Seven countries. Sky, Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business, is more than just television, mobile and broadband. With pioneering technology, innovative minds and forward-thinking teams, they make the future happen.
People drive Sky’s success. With programmes in Software Development, Technology, Journalism, Finance, Marketing, Customer Service and more, Sky looks out for a whole host of different skills. What you need to succeed is the drive, passion and ambition to write your own career story – whatever your previous experience. You’ll be given lots of responsibility, with hands-on training and on-the-job learning. Add in flexible working, structured learning plans, competitive rewards and discounts, and you’ll have everything you need to flourish.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Sky
- Apprenticeship - Intermediate Level (Level 2)