Sky News Journalism Advanced Apprenticeship at Sky
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Sky
Sky News Journalism Advanced Apprenticeship
- Duration: Two years
- Requirements: at least five GCSEs A* – C including a minimum B in English Language (or equivalent 9-4), plus a minimum of two A-level grades from A* – D, or a BTEC Diploma (Merit or Distinction) in a relevant subject
- Location(s): Osterley, West London
- Start date: 9th September 2019
Get the inside scoop on our editorial processes - from writing scripts and editing video to researching stories and going out on the road with camera crews. You will get a unique insight into one of the world’s leading news organisations and learn how we deliver exclusive stories across TV, mobile, social media and radio. Only at Sky.
- Spend your first three months at college, working towards your Journalism Diploma
- Get to know the different departments at Sky News, working alongside our Reporters, Producers, Camera Crews, Gallery staff and Researchers
- Work across all areas of our output: TV, mobile, radio and social media
- Eventually choose an area you’d like to specialise in
Just so you know: you’ll work with a broad range of Sky content, some of which isn’t suitable for under-18s. So we won’t be able to accept applications from people younger than 18 years after the 9th September 2019.
- Passionate about current affairs
- Collaborative and great with people
- A self-starter, resilient when it gets hectic
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
29 years of experience. 23 million customers. Seven countries. Sky, Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business, is more than just television, mobile and broadband. With pioneering technology, innovative minds and forward-thinking teams, they make the future happen.
People drive Sky’s success. With programmes in Software Development, Technology, Journalism, Finance, Marketing, Customer Service and more, Sky looks out for a whole host of different skills. What you need to succeed is the drive, passion and ambition to write your own career story – whatever your previous experience. You’ll be given lots of responsibility, with hands-on training and on-the-job learning. Add in flexible working, structured learning plans, competitive rewards and discounts, and you’ll have everything you need to flourish.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
A job you love to talk about
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!