Embedded Electronic Engineering Degree Apprenticeship at Renishaw
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Renishaw
Embedded Electronic Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
This structured Degree Apprenticeship will give successful candidates the opportunity to study for a degree whilst working on exciting and challenging work placements.
Earn while you learn with a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including pension, private medical insurance and onsite gyms.
Renishaw helped create this apprenticeship scheme as part of a Government initiative which allows companies to create bespoke programmes based on their specific requirements.
What will I do?
In Year 1 your time will be split between studying for a degree and working within Renishaw, gaining valuable experience and allowing you to apply theoretical knowledge to practical projects. During this period, you will also attend the Renishaw Academy and receive training in specialised courses where you will be supervised by engineers who are experts in their fields.
The training is designed to allow you to continually build on the skills that are being taught which range from electronic schematic design, printed circuit board (PCB) layout, structured programming for embedded systems (software and firmware), mathematical modelling, design and testing methodology.
Years 2 and 3 will include dedicated placements within the electronics groups across Renishaw, allowing you to work on real projects and products. Studying continues with the degree on a part time (day release) basis allowing your theoretical knowledge to continue to grow culminating in a Foundation degree.
Years 4 and 5 will allow you to specialise in a specific field of your knowledge within the company, finally completing your studies to degree level (BEng) and taking up an appointment within Renishaw.
You will be based at our New Mills site near Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire. During the apprenticeship, you may be required to work at other Gloucestershire sites, as well as our Miskin plant in South Wales.
What qualifications will I gain?
You will study towards a BEng in Electronic and Computer Engineering, accredited by the University of the West of England (UWE), with two days a week being spent studying for the first year, thereafter on a day release scheme. The degree is split into two levels, a Foundation Degree followed by the BEng (Top Up), which you will work towards over a 5-year period. This allows each apprentice to build on their qualifications and provides defined milestones within the apprenticeship. There will be ongoing reviews with the teams from UWE and Renishaw.
What are the entry requirements?
- Three A levels which must include Maths, and can include two of the following subjects: Computing/Computer Science; Design and Technology; Electronics; Engineering; ICT; Further Maths.
- Applicants must have the minimum of 120 UCAS points (in the new tariff system) which equates to BBB. Applicants must have at least a C in Maths, although a B is preferred. Please provide predicted grades if you are still studying.
- Other qualifications will be considered if they meet the points level requirement.
- Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate practical exposure to programming and electronics.
- Good written and excellent communication skills.
- A genuine desire to become an exceptional engineer.
- A full UK driving licence, as travel to college and other sites will be required.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!