Procurement Higher Apprenticeship (Ref MAN00511)
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Job location: Manchester (Trafford Park), UK
Salary: £15,000-16,000 starting salary, rising with training + benefits
Cargill’s Manchester sweeteners plant is a production facility at the centre of the UK food and drink industries. The plant and offices located in Manchester are part of the Cargill starches and sweeteners business which produces sweeteners and wheat proteins for food customers. These include customers in the confectionery, brewing, drinks, dairy and bakery sectors.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Procurement Apprentice based at our Manchester plant. The Procurement Apprentice position performs a wide range of administrative and general support duties to the UK Procurement Team.
Over the apprenticeship you will work towards recognized training programme with the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (level 4 qualification). You will also have comprehensive on the job training and support to help your learning and development.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who are flexible and able to show a sound social approach to the company and other employees. You will have the ability to work as part of a team as well as being able to communicate well with other employees.
Key activities will include:
- Supporting sending out requests for quotations (RFQs) for materials and services
- Collating quotes and building bid comparisons
- Supporting colleagues on technical queries
- Following purchasing policy procedures
- Help the senior buyers negotiate prices to get the best outcome for Cargill
- Monitor the performance of suppliers
- Help cost reduction activities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Capability to learn a variety of tasks
- 5 GSCE’s (or equivalent qualification) including Maths and English
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of computer literacy
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work with a variety of different colleagues
- Strong numerical skills
- Some limited travel is required but a driving licence is not essential
- Support and mentorship to work towards the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (level 4 qualification)
- Comprehensive on the job training and support to help your learning and development
- Salary progression upon successful completion of training and the potential to move into a Junior Procurement position
- 25 days holiday per year in addition to UK statutory holidays
- Private healthcare cover
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Opportunity to volunteer with Cargill Cares, which supports local charitable organisations
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!