My Financepartner School and College Leaver Programme at PwC
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with PwC
My Financepartner School and College Leaver Programme
A position on our School and College leaver programme is one of the best ways to kickstart your career with PwC. You’ll learn and develop the specialist skills our clients look for and value most, whilst also studying towards a professional qualification, with support from us all the way. Good communication, an analytical mindset, strong relationship building skills and a strong eye for detail are really important in our people-focused business.
My Financepartner (MFp) is a new PwC initiative where we’ll deliver a value added service enabled by a hosted accounting and management information system. Our model is based on best practice in shared services where finance partnering is now a well-established concept.
The structure is based on a single UK back office, supporting systems and processes and generating accounts and reports. A variety of opportunities exist both in the initial set-up of the solution at customer site and in the production of key deliverables including monthly management reporting packs.
Our overall objective is to work more collaboratively with our clients by complimenting their finance processes and working with senior management to enable them to run even better businesses.
The offering comprises a unique service that has a number of key components
- Securely hosted accounting software that is user friendly and contains a full suite of management information available in real time.
- A Finance service centre to provide system support to the systems, transactional support and to prepare accounts, analysis and to deliver basic compliance tasks
- A local finance business partner who will work with client's business to interpret the historical information and help them to look forward and plan
- An experienced business adviser. The finance partner will work closely with the client's management team and existing finance/book keeping teams to drive valuable knowledge and insight as well as deliver an independent view
What you'll do
Your role will involve supporting the production of monthly Management Information packs delivered in a variety of methods including interactive MI packs and iPad enabled.
What you'll gain
You'll study with Accounting Technicians Ireland (ATI) from Sep 2019 to become a qualified Accounting Technician. On satisfactory completion of all examinations, you may then have the opportunity to continue onto ACA examinations.
What you need to get in
- You'll need to have or be on course for 112 UCAS tariff* (or equivalent)
- You'll need to have a Grade C or above in GCSE English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent)
*from up to three A Levels (excluding General Studies) or equivalent, taken in the same academic year and achieved at first sitting
Please note - due to the start date of Winter 2018, you’ll already need to have completed your A-levels or equivalent to apply to this position.
Our aim is to be ‘the leading professional services firm’, and to achieve this we must be innovative, responsible and attract outstanding people. With almost 18,000 employees at offices UK-wide, attracting the right talent continues to be paramount and, as a progressive employer, we continue to develop a diverse and agile workforce who feel empowered to be the best they can be. This includes supporting different ways of working, with ‘Everyday Flexibility’ allowing our people to better balance work and life, and ‘dress for your day’, where employees decide what’s appropriate to wear given their daily responsibilities.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Awards for PwC
Latests jobs from PwC
- Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)
- School Leaver Programme